PDA

View Full Version : moving a repeating appt in calendar

vlblack
07-26-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm trying to move a repeating appt in the calendar and it won't let me save the change. Sometimes I need to move the appt to another day without changing the future appts. Other times I would like to change the day and all future appts. Is this possible?

Thomas
07-26-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to move a repeating appt in the calendar and it won't let me save the change. Sometimes I need to move the appt to another day without changing the future appts. Other times I would like to change the day and all future appts. Is this possible?

vlblack,

In order to change an event in DejaCalendar you need to be in the edit event screen.
The way you are describing this suggests you may be attempting to drag and drop the event to a different time. This functionality is not supported.

If you are having problems in the edit event screen please respond and we can pick up troubleshooting from there.

vlblack
07-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Ok, I doubled checked how I was trying to do it, and I was doing it from the edit event screen once I selected it from the either the daily or weekly view. It would allow to change the date, but not save it and change it in the calander. From these views I can move or change a non repeating appt in the edit event mode, but not a repeating appt. What I found is when I select the appt from the 'all categories' list (the last view on the bar at the bottom) it will allow me to move the appt and it allows for all future appts to be changed also. It would be nice to do it from any of the views, is there something I'm doing wrong?

PS, a drop and drag feature would be handy. :)

Thomas
07-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Ok, I doubled checked how I was trying to do it, and I was doing it from the edit event screen once I selected it from the either the daily or weekly view. It would allow to change the date, but not save it and change it in the calander. From these views I can move or change a non repeating appt in the edit event mode, but not a repeating appt. What I found is when I select the appt from the 'all categories' list (the last view on the bar at the bottom) it will allow me to move the appt and it allows for all future appts to be changed also. It would be nice to do it from any of the views, is there something I'm doing wrong?

PS, a drop and drag feature would be handy. :)

Hi vlblack,

What Phone Model and OS are you using? Also, what version of DejaOffice?
I would like to try and reproduce what you are reporting in house.

vlblack
07-28-2011, 07:54 AM
I am using I Pad , with 3G and wi fi connection, the first one. The newest version of DejaOffice, just downloaded it from I tunes this week.

Thomas
07-28-2011, 08:00 AM
I am using I Pad , with 3G and wi fi connection, the first one. The newest version of DejaOffice, just downloaded it from I tunes this week.

We are actually in the process of re-writing the entire Calendar application. I will note the drop n drag feature for the future.
I was a bit off yesterday and missed the fact that this was posted in the iPad-iPhone Forum. Since DejaCalendar is getting a complete rewrite for the Apple Platform there is not much to on the current version.
We will be addressing these issues shortly.