PDA

View Full Version : Move DejaOffice App to SD card

klowetx
07-28-2011, 10:40 AM
I have moved the app to the SD card to save room on my phone. When I sync, the open app goes away and the home screen shows up. It never goes back to the app. Should I not move the app to the SD card?

If the app is on the phone, will the data (contacts, task, etc.) be on the SD card?

Thanks

Thomas
07-28-2011, 10:49 AM
I have moved the app to the SD card to save room on my phone. When I sync, the open app goes away and the home screen shows up. It never goes back to the app. Should I not move the app to the SD card?

If the app is on the phone, will the data (contacts, task, etc.) be on the SD card?

Thanks
klowetx,

If that were a stable option we would offer it as a setting or a configuration option. DejaOffice should be installed to phone memory. Please let the default installation settings handle this.

klowetx
07-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the quick response. So, if the app stays on the phone, is all the data on the SD card?

Thomas
07-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the quick response. So, if the app stays on the phone, is all the data on the SD card?

Yes. The CLUSB folder has to stay on the SD Card. The app stays on the phone memory.

smiley1081
11-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Hello,
Having moved from an old Eclair phone to something more modern, I started moving some apps to the SD card, so that I would no start filling the memory of the new phone.

DejaOffice told me: "not good..." so I moved it back to the phone memory.

The problem is that now the Deja Contacts are not mirrored anymore in the Android Contants, so they so not show up in the Message and phone apps.

I have searched the settings without finding a solution?

How do I fix the problem?

Thanks.

Cecil
11-12-2014, 10:39 AM
It may be that some of the internal links are broken. It might be that you need do a fresh installation. I would consider uninstalling DJO and renaming the clusb folder. When you next install it won't pick any old settings linked to the SD card. You do need to have your data backed up so that you can sync back it to your phone.

I would be interested to hear other forum members comments on this suggestion.

DJOCTO
11-12-2014, 10:49 AM
They will re-appear next time you sync. DejaOffice will re-send the native contacts as part of the sync process.

To "help it" along, do a "Long-Press" on Read Android data to tell the system to re-populate.