PDA

View Full Version : Erratic Calendar Event Notifications and Alerts

mikeclarkusa
08-03-2011, 08:34 AM
DO 1.2.4 iPhone 3Gs
I see several problems with event notifications or alerts, but I haven't been able to identify exactly when and where they occur.
1. Notifications pop up announcing an upcoming event. But the time cited is the time the alarm is supposed to go off, not the time of the event itself. For example, if the event is scheduled for 10:00 and the alarm one hour prior, the the notification will announce the event will occur at 9:00.
2. If I create an event in DejaCal with an Alert, nothing pops up. No alert occurs.
3. Sometimes I receive multiple alerts at once for a single event.
Suggestions?
- Mike

Thomas
08-03-2011, 10:48 AM
DO 1.2.4 iPhone 3Gs
I see several problems with event notifications or alerts, but I haven't been able to identify exactly when and where they occur.
1. Notifications pop up announcing an upcoming event. But the time cited is the time the alarm is supposed to go off, not the time of the event itself. For example, if the event is scheduled for 10:00 and the alarm one hour prior, the the notification will announce the event will occur at 9:00.
2. If I create an event in DejaCal with an Alert, nothing pops up. No alert occurs.
3. Sometimes I receive multiple alerts at once for a single event.
Suggestions?
- Mike

Hi Mike,

This is known issue and we apologize for any inconvenience. We have made a partial fix of the problem that moving forward new calendar events no longer create this problem.
We are unable to program a fix that removes the rogue alarms that were created because the place that the alarm data is saved in the iOS, is not available for us to modify or delete.
The good news is that several versions ago we changed our code so these alarms are no longer being created and saved in that untouchable spot. So the rogue alarms should be minimizing over time and eventually disappear.

mikeclarkusa
08-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Sorry, your answer is not clear. Are you saying all three of my problems are caused by the same "known issue"?
I think my problems are occurring with newly created events. Is this possible?
Is there something I can do to correct these problems?
Thanks for the quick reply!
- Mike

Thomas
08-04-2011, 06:39 AM
Sorry, your answer is not clear. Are you saying all three of my problems are caused by the same "known issue"?
I think my problems are occurring with newly created events. Is this possible?
Is there something I can do to correct these problems?
Thanks for the quick reply!
- Mike

Mike,

At one point DejaOffice saved alarms in memory that iOS does not allow third party apps to edit or delete. We longer do that so over time the problem will go away.
The only known way to get rid of this problem immediately is to do a Restore as new in iTunes. That completely erases the phone and puts you back to factory defaults.
For most people this is overkill, but it is an option for you.

mikeclarkusa
08-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Will the new DejaCal correct these problems?
I will try to find out exactly what is required to perform a "Restore as New". Last time I upgraded iTunes, l did some sort of clean install (rather than a simple upgrade), but I am not sure if this would be considered a "Restore as New" of the entire iPhone.

Thomas
08-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Will the new DejaCal correct these problems?
I will try to find out exactly what is required to perform a "Restore as New". Last time I upgraded iTunes, l did some sort of clean install (rather than a simple upgrade), but I am not sure if this would be considered a "Restore as New" of the entire iPhone.

Mike,
The problem has been corrected as best as we can. Unless Apple allows us to go in and modify the data, we can't do anything more on our side. The memory location is not accessible after it is initially written. Think written in stone. We now write alarm notifications to a different memory location that can be edited.

If you want to restore your device as new:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3828
(Warning - This procedure will delete all the data stored on your phone.)