PDA

View Full Version : Categories not keeping their colour setting?

ISJFH
08-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Hi,

I have an iPad 3G wireless, syncing Act 2011 Pro via Companion Link Pro.

Each time I set the colours on my Categories, I go out of DejaOffice and they change back to various assortments? Please advise how I can stop this or is it in the process of being fixed?

Also in DejaCal events on the Friday of a 5 day view starting with Monday the events are only indicated in week view as small segments? Day view they are full across the day, there is no conflict to reduce the day fill per time in the case of parallel appointments or overlapping tasks, please advise.

They are individual half hour to do's is this an issue or can I do something to change this?

Finally, I have wiped all the repetitive events and now synced and it is all seems to be working fine except it has not synced with the apple calendar, just apple contacts?

Please advise.

Regards,

Ian.

ISJFH
08-04-2011, 08:16 AM
I have now just synced again and use purge and reload contacts, should I? As now it has synced with my apple calendar, but I now have 2 logs for each event! Rather than go through the whole agro of rewiping as before, what am I doing wrong?? Please assist as soon as you can I'm going MAD...

Thomas
08-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I have now just synced again and use purge and reload contacts, should I? As now it has synced with my apple calendar, but I now have 2 logs for each event! Rather than go through the whole agro of rewiping as before, what am I doing wrong?? Please assist as soon as you can I'm going MAD...

Hello ISJFH,

So sorry things are frustrating right now.
Can you please specify what you mean by two logs for each event.
Are your calendar entries duplicated?

Please advise.

ISJFH
08-10-2011, 03:29 AM
I have cleared my iPad of all contacts and calendar entries and now selected No to apple contacts and calendar.

I only use your software to keep it simple, so contacts and calendar are synced from my Act 2011 pro.

I have just re synced this morning and it has duplicated some of the entries, but not all and towards the end of the sync it closed the iPad app?

I always add purge and reload to ensure I don't double up calendar entries, is that correct or should it know not to?

So it seems that the main issue is duplication calendar entries.

Also when ever I set colours for Categories, it wipes it out every time and defaults back to primary colours?

In addition the size of calendar appointment is different on some days rather than a bar across the day, it might only be a fifth of the day?

Please advise.

Ian

Thomas
08-10-2011, 07:46 AM
I have cleared my iPad of all contacts and calendar entries and now selected No to apple contacts and calendar.

I only use your software to keep it simple, so contacts and calendar are synced from my Act 2011 pro.

I have just re synced this morning and it has duplicated some of the entries, but not all and towards the end of the sync it closed the iPad app?

I always add purge and reload to ensure I don't double up calendar entries, is that correct or should it know not to?

So it seems that the main issue is duplication calendar entries.

Also when ever I set colours for Categories, it wipes it out every time and defaults back to primary colours?

In addition the size of calendar appointment is different on some days rather than a bar across the day, it might only be a fifth of the day?

Please advise.

Ian

Hello ISJFH,

Are you experiencing duplication on the Apple Device only or in ACT! as well?
We are in the middle of rewriting the back end code for DeaOffice Calendar app.
Is your Sync method one way or two ways?
A Purge and Reload should not be necessary on each sync.

You Said =

Are you editing default categories in the DejaOffice Category App? Or Creating new categories?
Do the category colors reset after a Purge and Reload sync? This would actually be expected behavior.

Please clarify.