PDA

View Full Version : Switched from a 8mb to 16mb Class 10 SD Card and wouldn't sync

klowetx
08-04-2011, 09:53 AM
I am posting this to help someone else trouble shoot if they had an issue like mine when changing out SD cards.

I placed the original 8mb in my PC and copied everything to the 16mb card, then placed the 16mb card in my new phone. When attempting to sync via USB the card would unmount but my CompanionLink Pro software would not start syncing. After having tech support look at various things it was determined that the original 8mb card was left in the computer and the software tried to sync with it. This created a flag in the log file which prevented future syncs since the sync on the card never completed.

I felt like an idiot, spending so much of my time and tech supports time. Thanks Tech Support for all your help and resolving my issue in a timely manner! I am too old for this, it's time to retire and play golf, leaving the tech stuff to the young ones.

~The Village Idiot

Thomas
08-04-2011, 10:16 AM
I am posting this to help someone else trouble shoot if they had an issue like mine when changing out SD cards.

I placed the original 8mb in my PC and copied everything to the 16mb card, then placed the 16mb card in my new phone. When attempting to sync via USB the card would unmount but my CompanionLink Pro software would not start syncing. After having tech support look at various things it was determined that the original 8mb card was left in the computer and the software tried to sync with it. This created a flag in the log file which prevented future syncs since the sync on the card never completed.

I felt like an idiot, spending so much of my time and tech supports time. Thanks Tech Support for all your help and resolving my issue in a timely manner! I am too old for this, it's time to retire and play golf, leaving the tech stuff to the young ones.

~The Village Idiot

Hello klowetx,

I will pass your kudos on to the support team.
I just want to also make sure all is well now. Do you need any further assistance?
Please advise.