PDA

View Full Version : FUNNY !! Multiday Appointments are shorter after syncing !!!

psr231
08-04-2011, 11:27 AM
I created an appointment in OL, starting at 04.08.2011, ending at 07.08.2011.
After syncing (OL-to-Android) the appointment was correct in DJO and OL.
The i made a both-direction-sync and i found the appointment in DJO starting at 04.08.201 and ending at 06.08.2011.
Every multi-day date is cut off !!!

As time goes by I really hate google, android, DJO, Outlook and all that stuff !
I spend so much time with syncing and trying to have a well-performing time management ..... If I use an exercise book and write all my entries in calligraphy it would take less time than all this time-consuming, nerve-stretching and stupid occupational therapy !!

I just want to have my Outlook-data on my Android-Phone. Nothing else.

Nelson
08-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi - I also suffer from this. The problem has been around for some time and I am still waiting for a solution. (See thread "And we still have a serious problem with recurring calendar entries"

Thomas
08-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi - I also suffer from this. The problem has been around for some time and I am still waiting for a solution. (See thread "And we still have a serious problem with recurring calendar entries"

Hello PSR and Nelson,

I wrote up an issue to the dev team late last week about this problem. Look for a fix soon.
This is actually a CompanionLink issue not a DejaOffice issue, so the fix will be in a future build of CompanionLink.

psr231
08-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Hello Thomas,

it seems as if it is a never ending story ....
What do you recommend ??? I'm so disappointed, because the system is not running at all. I think that the majority of all the people in this forum NEED a well-performing contact- and time-management and they do not "play" syncing back and force just for fun ! I do not have so much spare-time (and if Iwould have, there are so many things I prefer to do !).

When will DJO and CL be so stable, that we can use it whithout beeing in danger of data-loss, extra-work due to failed syncing and needless irritations ?

Thomas
08-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Hello Thomas,

it seems as if it is a never ending story ....
What do you recommend ??? I'm so disappointed, because the system is not running at all. I think that the majority of all the people in this forum NEED a well-performing contact- and time-management and they do not "play" syncing back and force just for fun ! I do not have so much spare-time (and if Iwould have, there are so many things I prefer to do !).

When will DJO and CL be so stable, that we can use it whithout beeing in danger of data-loss, extra-work due to failed syncing and needless irritations ?

psr,231,

I feel your frustration. We have this forum for that purpose. We constantly update feature's, fix issues, and spend a huge part of our resources just trying to keep up to date with random and unannounced updates from Google that break an otherwise working platform. I am not trying to deflect here, but the facts remain that Google does not provide an OS based solution for what you describe as necessary. It is much more difficult to accomplish this at the third party level.

The limitations are real, and our continued commitment to keeping everyone up to date is real.

Nelson
08-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Thank you Thomas. I did wonder if the fault was in the connecting software. Any idea how soon for the fix?

Thomas
08-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Thank you Thomas. I did wonder if the fault was in the connecting software. Any idea how soon for the fix?

A fix for this is in testing in-house right now. Barring an unforeseen setback look for this fix to be in the next CompanionLink build update. :)