PDA

View Full Version : Specific ringtone

StevePlym
08-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I've just got the HTC Sensation and installed DeJa Office so I can sync everything on the Android with Outlook.

In DeJa Contacts I've setup one or two of my contacts to have specifc ringtones and this information shows when I go to edit the contacts/

However, when I receive phone calls from these conacts the default ringtone plays not the specific tones I've selected.

Is it me or is it something in DeJa Office?

Steve

Thomas
08-08-2011, 11:51 AM
I've just got the HTC Sensation and installed DeJa Office so I can sync everything on the Android with Outlook.

In DeJa Contacts I've setup one or two of my contacts to have specifc ringtones and this information shows when I go to edit the contacts/

However, when I receive phone calls from these conacts the default ringtone plays not the specific tones I've selected.

Is it me or is it something in DeJa Office?

Steve

Hello Steve,

I just ran some test of the ringtone feature and here is what I figured out. If the DejaOffice is not opened on the phone, or if the DejaOffice process is not running in the background, the custom ringtone selected will not sound.

I suspect this is a limitation of the Android OS but I will talk to the dev team to see if there is a way to program around this feature.

DO you sync your contacts with the native Android Contact application? Modifying the contact in native to match DejaOffice may be a good workaround.

Let me know if you experience something different than what I am reporting here.