PDA

View Full Version : Alams silent - Calendar

DroidRoger
08-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Audible alarms do not sound for events for which I have activated alarms. How to fix?

I'm using DejaOffice on an HTC Incredible 2, Android version 2.3.3.

Thanks.

Thomas
08-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Audible alarms do not sound for events for which I have activated alarms. How to fix?

I'm using DejaOffice on an HTC Incredible 2, Android version 2.3.3.

Thanks.

Hello DroidRoger,

Dejaoffice 1.11.9 uses the native Android Alarm notification system. Have you checked your phone settings to verify the Alarm Audio is enabled?

DroidRoger
08-09-2011, 08:22 AM
I hear audio alarms with other apps, e.g., the built-in clock alarm and "SoftAlarm" but not with DejaCalendar. I also set an audible alarm in Deja but no sound.

Thomas
08-09-2011, 08:36 AM
I hear audio alarms with other apps, e.g., the built-in clock alarm and "SoftAlarm" but not with DejaCalendar. I also set an audible alarm in Deja but no sound.

Have you tried uninstalling DejaOffice and re-installing the app?

Also, is there any specific condition that is required to reproduce this behavior?
Do alarms fire when DejaOffice is running, but don't if the phone is asleep or DejaOffice is not running in the foreground or the background?
Are you using any king of app or process killer? You may have to modify the settings in the process killer or remove it. Alarms will not fire if the DejaOffice process is not running in the background.

Thomas
08-09-2011, 09:41 AM

Please verify the following -
1. Open DejaOffice and tap Settings.
2. Tap DejaOffice Alarms.
3. Verify the Play Sound option is selected.
4. Verify the Omit Ring during meetings option is set to the setting you desire.

DroidRoger
08-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Thomas: that did the trick. I had been unable to find the alarm settings in past attempts.

Too bad there does not seem to be a setting to make the alarm longer. I can get persistence but only get one, short, squeek. If used as a morning wakeup, that won't do it.

But, I do get sound now.

Thanks.

/Roger

Thomas
08-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Thomas: that did the trick. I had been unable to find the alarm settings in past attempts.

Too bad there does not seem to be a setting to make the alarm longer. I can get persistence but only get one, short, squeek. If used as a morning wakeup, that won't do it.

But, I do get sound now.

Thanks.

/Roger

So glad that helped.