PDA

View Full Version : Purge and Reload All Does Not Work

dhshultz
08-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Upgrade to DJO 1.2.4 (on iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1, syncing to ACT! 9.0) several weeks ago brought a huge speed increase, but created a new problem.

From time to time, I need to do a CompanionLink Purge and Reload All because DJO does not always sync to do / calendar events properly (apparently has to do with events that are rescheduled in ACT!, especially if the description is changed at the same time).

When I first tried Purge and Reload All with 1.2.4, it failed several times. I powered down the iPhone; when I powered up, Purge and Reload All worked - but not for long.

Now, even if I power down and back up, Purge and Reload All fails within two minutes while it is trying to purge (nothing appears actually to have been purged during that time).

Debugging results in display of two Low Memory Error! warnings before DJO fails and returns the home screen. Log is truncated due to low memory, showing the following before truncation:

Free Memory 116.00MB
Physical Memory 116.00MB
Free 'File' Space 0k (LOW)

I gather the last entry is the critical one, but I'm not sure exactly what it means. According to iTunes, my iPhone has 6.6 GB of free space.

I have 2,000+ ACT! contacts and ~400 to do / calendar events.

I was really pleased with the greater speed of 1.2.4, but now I actually appear to be worse off because I cannot get all of my data properly synced to DJO.

Thomas
08-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Upgrade to DJO 1.2.4 (on iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1, syncing to ACT! 9.0) several weeks ago brought a huge speed increase, but created a new problem.

From time to time, I need to do a CompanionLink Purge and Reload All because DJO does not always sync to do / calendar events properly (apparently has to do with events that are rescheduled in ACT!, especially if the description is changed at the same time).

When I first tried Purge and Reload All with 1.2.4, it failed several times. I powered down the iPhone; when I powered up, Purge and Reload All worked - but not for long.

Now, even if I power down and back up, Purge and Reload All fails within two minutes while it is trying to purge (nothing appears actually to have been purged during that time).

Debugging results in display of two Low Memory Error! warnings before DJO fails and returns the home screen. Log is truncated due to low memory, showing the following before truncation:

Free Memory 116.00MB
Physical Memory 116.00MB
Free 'File' Space 0k (LOW)

I gather the last entry is the critical one, but I'm not sure exactly what it means. According to iTunes, my iPhone has 6.6 GB of free space.

I have 2,000+ ACT! contacts and ~400 to do / calendar events.

I was really pleased with the greater speed of 1.2.4, but now I actually appear to be worse off because I cannot get all of my data properly synced to DJO.

DhSchultz - Please see my private note. This is a pretty complicated issue to resolve in this thread. We can report back here when we figure out a solution.