PDA

View Full Version : New Feature - Copy/Paste Calendar Events!

Kaena
08-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi all,

This feature was buried a bit in the release notes, so I just wanted to take a minute and highlight the new copy/paste feature in DejaCalendar. This was one of the most requested features from everyone here on the forums, and we're happy to introduce it in the new 1.12 beta (download the beta from www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp (http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp)).

Copying and pasting events is pretty simple. In the day view or week view, just tap and hold (long press) over an event to bring up the context menu, and select Copy or Cut. Then, navigate to the day/week you want to move it to, tap and hold in a blank calendar space near the time you want, and select Paste from the context menu. That's it!

Hats off to our developers for continuing to make great improvements like this. Have any other ideas for us on how to make DejaOffice better? Let us know!

Nelson
08-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Love it. Thank you.

McLion
08-14-2011, 06:15 AM
Great! ... a must ..

PalmOS
08-17-2011, 06:34 AM
First of all, hello everyone here and a big thanks to the DejaOffice- and CompanionLink Team for the good work you are doing!

Without you People, I do not think, the Droid Phone could be a useful Organizer for everyday Life.
Not as fast and useful as the Palm - but as you are working on it, I think there is a lot that can still be achieved!

For the first time in about 12 Years it looks like, I could be walking around with only one Device instead of carrying two all the Time (Palm and Cellphone)

One Request: Please introduce Copy and Pasting of an entire Contact as Text!

That was so useful in PalmOS, that Command "L" within any Document, that would pop up your Entire Contacts List and lets you choose any Contact to insert it as Text, NOT as Link to that Contact.
Even if it's not like that but just the simple Copy function for a Contact.

In that way it would be possible even to Quickly send a Contact via SMS, which to my knowledge is not possible in Android. If you select Forward to SMS in Contacts, it wants you to send an MMS!!

Thomas
08-17-2011, 11:50 AM
First of all, hello everyone here and a big thanks to the DejaOffice- and CompanionLink Team for the good work you are doing!

Without you People, I do not think, the Droid Phone could be a useful Organizer for everyday Life.
Not as fast and useful as the Palm - but as you are working on it, I think there is a lot that can still be achieved!

For the first time in about 12 Years it looks like, I could be walking around with only one Device instead of carrying two all the Time (Palm and Cellphone)

One Request: Please introduce Copy and Pasting of an entire Contact as Text!

That was so useful in PalmOS, that Command "L" within any Document, that would pop up your Entire Contacts List and lets you choose any Contact to insert it as Text, NOT as Link to that Contact.
Even if it's not like that but just the simple Copy function for a Contact.

In that way it would be possible even to Quickly send a Contact via SMS, which to my knowledge is not possible in Android. If you select Forward to SMS in Contacts, it wants you to send an MMS!!

Hello PalmOS,

I will forward this request to the dev team. Thanks for your input.

MMP
08-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Yes. For Outlook Calendar items, please have the "Label" color and the "Show Time As" status and color ("Free," "Busy," "Tentative," "Out of Office") carry over back and forth between DJO and Outlook. Thank you!