PDA

View Full Version : Haptic Feedback for long press in lists of DJO items

Rickyvee
08-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Deja Office very nicely makes use of the long press on lists of notes, calendar entries, contacts, tasks (and probably expenses if I entered one). It's a bit unsettling however, using the long press and waiting for the satisfying Thump meaning that the software has acknowledged the long press, and then discovering by looking that it in fact has!

Problem is, pretty much all native Android apps for similar entities in the context of a pop-up menu, including mail and messages, use the Thump and people are used to it happening.

So, it would be great to have DJO join the elegant and useful Haptic Feeback world!

Otherwise AWESOME product. Stable. And this is from a Decades windows mobile user who blasted his HD2 into the 21st century with a wonderful clockworkmod!

Thomas
08-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Deja Office very nicely makes use of the long press on lists of notes, calendar entries, contacts, tasks (and probably expenses if I entered one). It's a bit unsettling however, using the long press and waiting for the satisfying Thump meaning that the software has acknowledged the long press, and then discovering by looking that it in fact has!

Problem is, pretty much all native Android apps for similar entities in the context of a pop-up menu, including mail and messages, use the Thump and people are used to it happening.

So, it would be great to have DJO join the elegant and useful Haptic Feeback world!

Otherwise AWESOME product. Stable. And this is from a Decades windows mobile user who blasted his HD2 into the 21st century with a wonderful clockworkmod!

Hello Rickyvee,

Thank you for the feedback and for sharing your kind words about DejaOffice. I will bring this suggestion up with the CTO and see if this is a direction he would like to head in.