PDA

View Full Version : Problem with contact categories

dheymann
08-17-2011, 09:05 PM
When I use dejacontact on my android device only the contacts from one category appear. If I click on the category I can switch to another category but there does not appear to be the "all categories" option that the instruction manual says should be there. I may be looking in the wrong place. Can someone give me very detailed step by step instructions for switching back to all contacts? I am requesting instructions that a three year old could follow because there must be something obvious I am missing. Thanks,
D

Thomas
08-18-2011, 07:03 AM
When I use dejacontact on my android device only the contacts from one category appear. If I click on the category I can switch to another category but there does not appear to be the "all categories" option that the instruction manual says should be there. I may be looking in the wrong place. Can someone give me very detailed step by step instructions for switching back to all contacts? I am requesting instructions that a three year old could follow because there must be something obvious I am missing. Thanks,
D

Hello dheyman,
We are currently in the process of fixing an issue that might be affecting you.
Can you please get me the following information:
Android Device Model and OS version?
DejaOffice version #
CompanionLink Build #

Follow these Steps:
1. Open DajaOffice.
2. Tap the Categories app.
Do the following items appear at the top?:
No Category
All Categories

Please advise.

mjoconnor
08-21-2011, 12:48 PM
I am having the same problem.
I have a Droid 2 Global, Android ver 2.2, DO ver. 1.11.9

Hello dheyman,
We are currently in the process of fixing an issue that might be affecting you.
Can you please get me the following information:
Android Device Model and OS version?
DejaOffice version #
CompanionLink Build #

Follow these Steps:
1. Open DajaOffice.
2. Tap the Categories app.
Do the following items appear at the top?:
No Category
All Categories

Please advise.

cjmckinniss
08-26-2011, 10:25 AM
I am having the same issue...it just started this week...(there is no "all categories" or "no categories" at the top of the categories list...has there been a fix?

dheymann
08-26-2011, 10:36 AM
I am having the same issue...it just started this week...(there is no "all categories" or "no categories" at the top of the categories list...has there been a fix?

THey are fixing this but here is the workaround they gave me (it worked)

Shut down the phone and leave it off for a few moments, then restart.
After restarting, open DejaOffice from the Applications list - if you have icons from DejaContacts or DejaCalendar on your home screen, avoid opening it from there this time.
Then, tap on the Category icon to launch the application there. 'All Categories' and 'No Category' should return?

If they don't, Thomas said he would monitor this thread so he can help you.

Thomas
08-26-2011, 10:56 AM

Hi Everyone,

We have reports that this issue is fixed in 1.12.0.
Follow these steps:
1. Download and install CompanionLink build 4048.
http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html
2. Download and install DjeaOffice 1.12.0beta
http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/
3. On your PC desktop, open CompanionLink Setup.
4. Click the options menu in the top left corner.
5. Select Purge and Relaod All.
6. Sync you phone. This sync will rewrite the entire data file file in DejaOffice. Be patient, it usualy takes longer than a normal sync and the amount of time will depend on the size of your database and other factors.
7. After the sync open DejaOffice and tap Categories. The All Categories option should display as expected.

If anyone has any problems with this procedure, or if it does not work as expected post here with the following information:
1. Device Model and OS version
2. Sync Method.
3. PC Data manager (PIM)