PDA

View Full Version : DJO 1.11.9/Palm Desktop 4.1 - contact photos don't update

RobFreundlich
08-19-2011, 03:57 PM
I am running DJO 1.11.9 (on a Droid X), Palm Desktop 4.1, and CL 4047. Yesterday I went through the phone and added/changed some contact photos. Then I sync'd (wireless) to my desktop.

In Palm Desktop, the changed photos don't show up - if someone already had a photo and I changed their photo yesterday, they've got the old one on the desktop. NEW photos do show up in the desktop app; it's only changes that didn't take.

The phone (both DJO and native contacts) have the correct photos, so it's not a matter of the desktop overwriting the phone; it just looks like a problem updating existing photos on the desktop.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thomas
08-22-2011, 06:59 AM
I am running DJO 1.11.9 (on a Droid X), Palm Desktop 4.1, and CL 4047. Yesterday I went through the phone and added/changed some contact photos. Then I sync'd (wireless) to my desktop.

In Palm Desktop, the changed photos don't show up - if someone already had a photo and I changed their photo yesterday, they've got the old one on the desktop. NEW photos do show up in the desktop app; it's only changes that didn't take.

The phone (both DJO and native contacts) have the correct photos, so it's not a matter of the desktop overwriting the phone; it just looks like a problem updating existing photos on the desktop.

Anyone else seeing this?

Hello Rob,
Two Suggestions:
When you change a contact photo try making any minor change to the contact record and see if the image file on the next attempt.
Test like this:
GO back to a Contact record that had a changed photo and add a note. Something like image file updated on...

Let me know if the new image file syncs after that.

RobFreundlich
09-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Hello Rob,
Two Suggestions:
When you change a contact photo try making any minor change to the contact record and see if the image file on the next attempt.
Test like this:
GO back to a Contact record that had a changed photo and add a note. Something like image file updated on...

Let me know if the new image file syncs after that.

Hi, Thomas,

I'm sorry to be so long responding to this - we left for a vacation right after I posted the original message, and then our flight home to Boston was cancelled thanks to Hurricane Irene, and it took us several days to get a replacement flight. So I'm just now catching up ...

In any case, I'll try your suggestion when I get home from work tonight and will let you know how it goes.

Rob

Thomas
09-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi, Thomas,

I'm sorry to be so long responding to this - we left for a vacation right after I posted the original message, and then our flight home to Boston was cancelled thanks to Hurricane Irene, and it took us several days to get a replacement flight. So I'm just now catching up ...

In any case, I'll try your suggestion when I get home from work tonight and will let you know how it goes.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Not a problem! I am glad to hear you are safe and the only affects of Irene were inconvenience.
I will be out of the office until Tuesday and will respond to your post then.