PDA

View Full Version : Calendar sync crashes

selberherr
08-20-2011, 11:27 PM
I recently changed my tablet from an Android to an Ipad2.
I could properly migrate companionlink (4.0 Build 4048)
and configure synchronisation over Wifi. However, when
performing my first sync from Outlook to the Ipad,
companionlink got stuck on the PC and crashed on the Ipad
during calendar sync. So I tried to explicitly sync contacs,
tasks, notes without the calendar and this worked fine.
Then I tried to sync the calendar alone, which got stuck
on the PC at 9220 entries, however, saying complete.
on the Ipad Dejaoffice has crashed again.
I can sync without any problem with the built-in calendar
application with iTunes.
Is it a bug, some buffer overflow, or am I missing something?
As said, the sync of my calendar worked on the Android.

terrys
08-21-2011, 12:46 PM
My calendar sync on my iPhone also crashes. I start the sync and there is a connection and the iPhone goes through the contacts and the calendar and then waits for a reply from the PC. CompanionLink on the PC is sitting with the green "connecting" bar and the rolling "doughnut". Task Manager says "Running" but it is in fact hung and must be killed in the Task Manager. I really need to sync between my PC and my iPhone. Help

terrys
08-21-2011, 01:03 PM
I downloaded and installed Build 4048. Now when I start synch dejaOffice immediately says "Sync Complete" and CompanionLink says "Sync Did Not Finish". This all used to work reasonably well , but the recent builds seem to have really messed it up.

Thomas
08-22-2011, 06:41 AM
I downloaded and installed Build 4048. Now when I start synch dejaOffice immediately says "Sync Complete" and CompanionLink says "Sync Did Not Finish". This all used to work reasonably well , but the recent builds seem to have really messed it up.

Hi Terry,

Dejaoffice 1.2.5 includes a complete rewrite of the calendar code. It is currently in testing phases in house. We apologize if you have experienced any personal inconvenience with this.

Thomas
08-22-2011, 06:43 AM
I recently changed my tablet from an Android to an Ipad2.
I could properly migrate companionlink (4.0 Build 4048)
and configure synchronisation over Wifi. However, when
performing my first sync from Outlook to the Ipad,
companionlink got stuck on the PC and crashed on the Ipad
during calendar sync. So I tried to explicitly sync contacs,
tasks, notes without the calendar and this worked fine.
Then I tried to sync the calendar alone, which got stuck
on the PC at 9220 entries, however, saying complete.
on the Ipad Dejaoffice has crashed again.
I can sync without any problem with the built-in calendar
application with iTunes.
Is it a bug, some buffer overflow, or am I missing something?
As said, the sync of my calendar worked on the Android.

Hi selberherr,

Some apple devices have issues with the calendar sync. We have spent a lot of time and energy tracking this down and it seems to be very random and intermittent. Our next release of DejaOffice for iPhone is a complete rewrite of the calendar code to addrees this and other UI issues with the Calendar app. Look for it's release soon.

DJO-Chaos
08-28-2011, 09:28 AM
I am new to Deja Office, (v1.2.4)but I have PC and use Companion link to link with Deja office. I have had Calendar Sync problems with Outlook and now with ChaosIntellect (Time and Chaos). I am syncing via wifi. The same problem as described below occurs. syncing contact and tasks is just fine, but not calendar. I am wondering if it is the number of entries. I have about 6000. Is there a way to limit the number of entries synced, eg. only last 10 days forward, etc. I can follow the progress and it read all the calendar entries from Chaos. Then it begins to import into Deja office. It does say calendar done, but what seems to be happening is that DeJa Office is in the processing of importing all the data. Unlike the importing for tasks and contact where you see the import/sync progress, it closes Deja office and if I try to open it, it will automatically close within about 15-30 seconds. after about 20 minutes I closed it with Windows task master and a very small number of the entries have been imported. I am wondering if Deja Office is having problems with the size of the data group.

Also, does it work better if I use the CompanionLink secure wireless server?

Thanks.

DJO-Chaos
08-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am syncing with and IPAD2. Thanks

Thomas
08-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am syncing with and IPAD2. Thanks

Hello DJO-CHAOS,

Try the wireless sync method. (You can actually set up a demo account without providing payment info.)
We have a known issue with Calendar Sync that occurs in some random devices. Some users have had success with the secure wireless sync.
DejaOffice 1.2.5 is going to include a complete rewrite of the code for DejaCalendar so we expect this problem to go away soon.
Make sure you do a "Purge and Reload all" on the first sync if you change the sync method.

selberherr
11-02-2011, 06:49 AM
I still cannot sync my calendar properly and I suspect it has something to do with the number of entries. I have exactly 9318 entries, which appears to be to much for the ipad2 implementation of DejaOffice. Amazingly the synchronization with iTunes works perfectly well.

Thomas
11-02-2011, 07:00 AM
I still cannot sync my calendar properly and I suspect it has something to do with the number of entries. I have exactly 9318 entries, which appears to be to much for the ipad2 implementation of DejaOffice. Amazingly the synchronization with iTunes works perfectly well.

Hello selberherr,

Thank you for posting this information.
Can you please provide some additional information for us so we can try to resolve this issue for you.

iOS Device Model and OS.
DejaOffice Version #
CompanionLink Build #
Sync Method (WiFi or Secure Hosted)

selberherr
11-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Hello selberherr,

Thank you for posting this information.
Can you please provide some additional information for us so we can try to resolve this issue for you.

iOS Device Model and OS.
DejaOffice Version #
CompanionLink Build #
Sync Method (WiFi or Secure Hosted)

Dear Thomas,
I am sorry for not having supplied this information.

iOS Device Model and OS. iPad2 WiFi, IOS 4.3.3
DejaOffice Version # 1.2.8
CompanionLink Build # 5.0 (Build 5004)
Sync Method (WiFi or Secure Hosted) WiFi

I just tried to synchronize with an old Android gadget for the sake of curiosity,
and amazingly it worked without any problem?

Best regards, Siegfried Selberherr

Thomas
11-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Dear Thomas,
I am sorry for not having supplied this information.

iOS Device Model and OS. iPad2 WiFi, IOS 4.3.3
DejaOffice Version # 1.2.8
CompanionLink Build # 5.0 (Build 5004)

I just tried to synchronize with an old Android gadget for the sake of curiosity,
and amazingly it worked without any problem?

Best regards, Siegfried Selberherr

Hello Siegfried,

Thanks for the information. Have you attempted to Purge and Reload the Calendar?
BTW - Unless you are using CompanionLink Pro, Syncing with multiple devices WILL cause problems.
It is not supported.

Here is What I suggest as a course of action:

1. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC Desktop
2. Set the Sync profile back to Syncing with your iPad.
3. Click the options menu in the top left corner of CompanionLink.
4. Click the Purge and Reload All option.
5. Verify all other items in the Options Menu are NOT checked.
6. Sync your Phone.

Does the That help?

selberherr
11-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Hello Siegfried,

Thanks for the information. Have you attempted to Purge and Reload the Calendar?
BTW - Unless you are using CompanionLink Pro, Syncing with multiple devices WILL cause problems.
It is not supported.

Here is What I suggest as a course of action:

1. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC Desktop
2. Set the Sync profile back to Syncing with your iPad.
3. Click the options menu in the top left corner of CompanionLink.
4. Click the Purge and Reload All option.
5. Verify all other items in the Options Menu are NOT checked.
6. Sync your Phone.

Does the That help?

Dear Thomas,

I have tried your suggestion several times, however, the processes always hang in synchronizing my calendar.
I obtain the best results after uninstalling/installing DejaOffice and CompanionLink and synchronizing
"Contacts" with "Tasks" first, and "Calendar" afterwards. Therefore I assume a lack of memory issue in DejaOffice. If I reduce the number of "Calendar" entries significantly (i.e. to 1000) everything works fine, which also is an indication of a memory issue on the ipad implementation.

Best regards, Siegfried

selberherr
01-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Dear Thomas,
I updated to DejaOffice 1.2.10 and CompanionLink Build 5012, I wiped all records on the iPad. Most unfortunately the memory issue still exists. I can syncronize my calendar only, when I reduce "the days of past calendar data to synchronize" so that the total number of
calendar entries is below about 2000. I hope this information helps to eliminate the memory issue in the iPad implementation in a future release.
Best regards, Siegfried
PS: ITunes synchronizes all data correctly.
--
iPad2 WiFi, IOS 4.3.3, Cydia 1.1.3, 32GB
DejaOffice Version # 1.2.10
CompanionLink Build # 5.0 (Build 5012)

maria-gff
01-09-2012, 05:23 AM
Dear Thomas! Please help!!!
my ipad2 ios5 doesn't sync with dejaoffice (Outlook 2010 32-bit, win 7).
I am trying to use DejaOffice 1.2.10 and CompanionLink Build 5012 Sync Method (WiFi or Secure Hosted) WiFi. PC and Ipad are connected with no problems. During sync on my PC I see the progess scale, meanwile Ipad is not responding. after sync is done, PC says that all data is synced (calendar, tasks, contacts). Number of contacts is near 4000, tsks over 1000. I've tried as described above to sync each item separately - nothing. Dejacontacts, tasks are always empty as if I never synced them.
What should I do?
My Outlook on this PC is synchronized with nokia, through Nokia PC Suite. Should I buy/try companion link pro? or there is smth else?

Best regards,
Maria

--
iPad2 WiFi, IOS 5.0, 64GB
Outlook 2010 32-bit

maria-gff
01-09-2012, 05:25 AM
I am trying to use DejaOffice 1.2.10 and CompanionLink Build 5012 Sync Method (WiFi or Secure Hosted) WiFi. PC and Ipad are connected with no problems. During sync on my PC I see the progess scale, meanwile Ipad is not responding. after sync is done, PC says that all data is synced (calendar, tasks, contacts). Number of contacts is near 4000, tsks over 1000. I've tried as described above to sync each item separately - nothing. Dejacontacts, tasks are always empty as if I never synced them.
What should I do?
My Outlook on this PC is synchronized with nokia, through Nokia PC Suite. Should I buy/try companion link pro? or there is smth else?

Best regards,
Maria

--
Outlook 2010 32-bit

Thomas
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
What should I do?

Best regards,
Maria

--
Outlook 2010 32-bit

Marina,

I am assuming you are using CompanionLink for Outlook. I doubt CompanionLink Pro would offer any functionality that you need if you are Syncing with just one Mobile device. If you need to Sync multiple device profiles CompanionLink Pro is required to do this. If the iPas2 running iOS 5.0 is your only device you should be OK.

Can you please clarify how many devices you are trying to Sync? I belive I just responded to a post where you had problems Syncing with an original iPad.

Please Advise.

maria-gff
01-10-2012, 05:15 AM
Dear Thomas!
I am using my Ipad2 and my notebook with Outlook on it.
while syncing the programm shows that smth is syncing and then that syncing is done. It shows the correct quantity of contacts and tasks that "were syncronized" but after the process is finished on Ipad there is no information as if nothing were synchronized. That is the problem.
Best regards,
Maria

--
Outlook 2010 32-bit

maria-gff
01-11-2012, 03:40 AM
Dear Thomas!
I am syncing my Ipad with my notebook with outlook on it. My Ipad has Ios 5.0. My problem is that the programm on notebook shows that it syncing but as a result on Ipad there is no information. nothing. though on the notebook it says that everything is synchronized, and shows the real amount of contacts, tasks etc.

Thank you in advance
Maria

--
Outlook 2010 32-bit

Thomas
01-11-2012, 06:29 AM
Dear Thomas!
I am using my Ipad2 and my notebook with Outlook on it.
while syncing the programm shows that smth is syncing and then that syncing is done. It shows the correct quantity of contacts and tasks that "were syncronized" but after the process is finished on Ipad there is no information as if nothing were synchronized. That is the problem.
Best regards,
Maria

--
Outlook 2010 32-bit

Just wanting to be perfectly clear here.
The Sync is completed.
DejaOffice is opened up.
There is no Contacts Calendar Task or Notes data in DejaOffice from your PC Laptop.
Is this correct?

Or are you looking in the iPad Contacts and Calendar applications and not seeing any info there?

maria-gff
01-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Just wanting to be perfectly clear here.
The Sync is completed.
DejaOffice is opened up.
There is no Contacts Calendar Task or Notes data in DejaOffice from your PC Laptop.
Is this correct?

Or are you looking in the iPad Contacts and Calendar applications and not seeing any info there?

Exactly: There is no Contacts Calendar Task or Notes data in DejaOffice from my PC Laptop after synchronization is complete.
Ipad contacts is synced with Itunes almost with no problem. But I need tasks!

Thomas
01-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Exactly: There is no Contacts Calendar Task or Notes data in DejaOffice from my PC Laptop after synchronization is complete.
Ipad contacts is synced with Itunes almost with no problem. But I need tasks!

Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC Desktop:
In the bottom left corner it should summarize the following information:
Last Sync
# of Contacts Synced
# of Calendar Records Synced
# of Memo's/Notes Synced
# of Tasks Synced

Post back here what that report summarizes.

maria-gff
01-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Last Sync
4931 of Contacts Synced
530 of Calendar Records Synced
4 of Memo's/Notes Synced
491 of Tasks Synced

Thomas
01-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Last Sync
4931 of Contacts Synced
530 of Calendar Records Synced
4 of Memo's/Notes Synced
491 of Tasks Synced

And still no data in DejaTasks displys?
If this is the case I suggest the following steps:
1. Uninstall DejaOffice on your iPad2.
2. Power the device off and then turn it on again.
3. Install DejaOffice form the App Store.
4. Configure DejaOffice with the Setup Wizard.
5. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC Desktop.
6. Click options in the top left corner.
7. Click Wipe all records on Apple Device before Sync.
8. Sync your iPad2.

This should resolve the issue. Let me know immediately if it does not.