PDA

View Full Version : Delete confirmation setting

Rickyvee
08-21-2011, 10:55 PM
DJO is something used by people as a productivity tool. If we use it at all, mostly we're using it all day long.

So, a time saver: Setting option (default would be "On"). Delete Confirmation (On/Off). Lots of us are sure when we do a long press or have opened an item, if we want to delete it. It would be a time saver for us to be able to not have to read a second screen and push another button, if we're comfortable with that setting.

Thomas
08-22-2011, 07:25 AM
DJO is something used by people as a productivity tool. If we use it at all, mostly we're using it all day long.

So, a time saver: Setting option (default would be "On"). Delete Confirmation (On/Off). Lots of us are sure when we do a long press or have opened an item, if we want to delete it. It would be a time saver for us to be able to not have to read a second screen and push another button, if we're comfortable with that setting.

Hello Rickyvee,

Great idea. I hear you. I like this idea, and part of me still gets a little tight inside thinking about customers accidentally deleting data. However, my commitment to you is to push this up line to the dev team to see how they feel about it. You make a valid point regarding productivity and saving steps.

McLion
08-22-2011, 07:38 AM
my 0.02

I would not like it. Deleting is about the only step that usually can not be reversed and always should take more than one step or at least have a double check (asking) before executing.

Thomas
08-22-2011, 07:50 AM
my 0.02

I would not like it. Deleting is about the only step that usually can not be reversed and always should take more than one step or at least have a double check (asking) before executing.

Duly note McLion.

I spoke with our CTO regarding this suggestion since it could possibly create an unintentional data loss scenario. His initial response was that the delete data confirmation dialog is an industry standard for smartphone interfaces. I am prone to agree with him on this.