PDA

View Full Version : lost all contact data in Android, Deja and Palm Desktop!

gkendallw
08-22-2011, 03:03 PM
I have been struggling to get this combination to work for weeks. Just when I thought it was working, I noticed that the Deja calendar was not sending updates to the Palm Desktop. (I had already given up on using the Android calendar). During one of my syncs, the Android contacts disappeared so I tried another sync. No luck, but I still had both Deja contacts and Palm contacts.

Finally, I was able to sync my Deja calendar with Palm and have my new appointments show up, but ALL CONACTS in Palm have evaporated and I am trying to re-load now from my Palm Centro.

PLEASE - I know enough not to have configured my sync to overwrite ANY Palm data. How could this have happened???

Thanks.

GW

gkendallw
08-22-2011, 03:18 PM
now, I am trying to sync my Palm Data from my Centro to the Desktop with the handheld overwriting the Desktop and IT WON'T TAKE IT!! Configuration is correct, and the log says everything synced correctly.

HELP!!!

NickStick
08-23-2011, 04:29 AM
I'd suggest to not use Android calendar...

It could be due to a USB/SD crash while syncing, destroying data on Android and then taking this destruction to Palm Desktop on next sync.
I had something similar because a CL sync crash left SD mounted, I didn't see it and I removed USB cable...

I still use my TX as a backup and before something important as an update, I backup the palm directory too.

I have Hotsync 6.0.1 and if I force TX to overwrite Palm Desktop, it works.

Be careful to not destroy even Centro contacts...

Sorry I cannot help...

Thomas
08-23-2011, 11:24 AM
now, I am trying to sync my Palm Data from my Centro to the Desktop with the handheld overwriting the Desktop and IT WON'T TAKE IT!! Configuration is correct, and the log says everything synced correctly.

HELP!!!

Hi GLendal,

Sorry this is happening.
Put in a ticket to the support department:
http://www.companionlink.com/support/contact.html

PalmOS
08-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi NickStick and Thomas!

NickStick, I see, that you are using the same Components as I do: WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Motorola Defy MB525 - Android 2.1 - CL 4.0 (B.4047) - DJO 1.11.9

Now it says in the Release Notes of DJO 1.11 ("Major Features in 1.11") that the Font Size settings now are reflected in Edit screens.

When I change the Font Size in DJO, it does ask me, if I want to apply this to the Edit Screen as well, and I say "Yes" but the Edit Screen stays the same all the Time, it is always very very Tiny!

What is wrong? Can someone help?

Thanks, PalmOS

NickStick
09-01-2011, 03:21 PM
PalmOS, we are OT, anyway just a line... I use a mix of fonts sizes so I always answer "no". Maybe an overall fonts setting view is missing...

Thomas
09-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi NickStick and Thomas!

NickStick, I see, that you are using the same Components as I do: WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Motorola Defy MB525 - Android 2.1 - CL 4.0 (B.4047) - DJO 1.11.9

Now it says in the Release Notes of DJO 1.11 ("Major Features in 1.11") that the Font Size settings now are reflected in Edit screens.

When I change the Font Size in DJO, it does ask me, if I want to apply this to the Edit Screen as well, and I say "Yes" but the Edit Screen stays the same all the Time, it is always very very Tiny!

What is wrong? Can someone help?

Thanks, PalmOS

PalmOS,

We have had some reports that certain devices are only displaying a very small font. Can you please try something for me?
Change the universal Font Size setting to "Delightful Size" and report back to me what happens.
It is possible you are running into a known issue we are in the process of fixing right now.

Also try changing the Font Size in individual screens to Delightful. If it stays micro size please let me know.

PalmOS
09-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi Tomas,

I did try and change everything to "Delightful Size" but the editing Screen stayed "Micro Size".

Thomas
09-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Hi Tomas,

I did try and change everything to "Delightful Size" but the editing Screen stayed "Micro Size".

Ok I will add your device to our known issue. I will let you know when we have a fix in place. You may want to try the latest beta version. It may be already fixed.