PDA

View Full Version : two Android only calendar sync issues (NO PC link)

WillBlaylock
08-24-2011, 06:33 PM
I started out with 1.11.9 from the market and that would not sync calendar events correctly. I upgraded to 1.12.0 today with the same result.

Secondly all of my Android apps like facebook sync only with the built in calendar.

1) How can I erase all events in the default calendar, force the dejaoffice calendar to the phone default app?

2) How can I reliably get events from facebook/myspace/g+ etc. into dejaoffice so that I never again need to check both the built in and dejaoffice calendars for events?

I would prefer not to sync to google but if that helps (which so far it does not seem to do) I am willing to go that route.

(one example) So far all of my all day repeating events end up being set for 18:00 the day previous to when it should be. I edit it in dejaoffice and magically somehow the phone default app data pops back into dejaoffice and I am stuck with an event the day previous and at 18:00 instead of all day.

(second example) Facebook, syncing an event will always result in an entry in the default calendar, but it NEVER gets into dejaoffice until I have edited the event in the phone app multiple times (random number?) and hit the read android data button multiple times.

I have tried hitting or not hitting the sync button, the read android data button. Neither seem to be able to get data in dejaoffice to stay how I want it to, or get data reliably from the various social networking sites.

Many other changes made in dejaoffice similarly refuse to make it to the phone app which eventually overwrites the dejaoffice event. This happens regardless of whether I sync with google or not.

I have made certain that the social site apps are using the same account as the calendar as dejaoffice.

I am pretty much out of ideas.

PC link is currently out of the question as I run linux and there is little to no chance any of my software will ever be supported in a PC link such as this.

I would consider purchasing software such as Lotus Notes for Windows (most of it reportedly runs fine under wine) but I am loathe to spend that kind of money only to find that I still have the same problems.

(Lotus notes is available for linux but is broken as of last report I read. Lotux notes and ACT! are the only two supported packaged I have encountered previously when I had Windows machines. There is me and only me to sync with)

Thomas
08-26-2011, 10:31 AM
I started out with 1.11.9 from the market and that would not sync calendar events correctly. I upgraded to 1.12.0 today with the same result.

Secondly all of my Android apps like facebook sync only with the built in calendar.

1) How can I erase all events in the default calendar, force the dejaoffice calendar to the phone default app?

2) How can I reliably get events from facebook/myspace/g+ etc. into dejaoffice so that I never again need to check both the built in and dejaoffice calendars for events?

I would prefer not to sync to google but if that helps (which so far it does not seem to do) I am willing to go that route.

(one example) So far all of my all day repeating events end up being set for 18:00 the day previous to when it should be. I edit it in dejaoffice and magically somehow the phone default app data pops back into dejaoffice and I am stuck with an event the day previous and at 18:00 instead of all day.

(second example) Facebook, syncing an event will always result in an entry in the default calendar, but it NEVER gets into dejaoffice until I have edited the event in the phone app multiple times (random number?) and hit the read android data button multiple times.

I have tried hitting or not hitting the sync button, the read android data button. Neither seem to be able to get data in dejaoffice to stay how I want it to, or get data reliably from the various social networking sites.

Many other changes made in dejaoffice similarly refuse to make it to the phone app which eventually overwrites the dejaoffice event. This happens regardless of whether I sync with google or not.

I have made certain that the social site apps are using the same account as the calendar as dejaoffice.

I am pretty much out of ideas.

PC link is currently out of the question as I run linux and there is little to no chance any of my software will ever be supported in a PC link such as this.

I would consider purchasing software such as Lotus Notes for Windows (most of it reportedly runs fine under wine) but I am loathe to spend that kind of money only to find that I still have the same problems.

(Lotus notes is available for linux but is broken as of last report I read. Lotux notes and ACT! are the only two supported packaged I have encountered previously when I had Windows machines. There is me and only me to sync with)

Hi Willie,

I will attempt to assist you on this and I also want to be very clear on some things. - The way you are using DejaOffice is quite beyond it's intended and advertised scope.
We suggest most users Sync DejaOffice with the Native Android Contacts and to NOT sync with the Native Android Calendar. We do not support all Calendar platform formats. We specifically do not test DejaOffice with or claim to support DejaOffice working with any data from social networking sites. Think about how often people login to Facebook and they have "Changed" something like security settings, profile layout, calendar functions, etc... There are no plans at all on our end to support data from Social networking sites.

So to be upfront, my personal answer to question #2 is I would never be comfortable assuming DejaOffice has all my social media calendar data entered accurately.

Some questions I have:
Phone Model and OS
What Calendar Account do you sync with? (It can only sync with one account and changing that setting will have a very destabilizing affect on DejaOffice.)

Thanks