PDA

View Full Version : a task isn't syncing from outlook 2007 to djo android

lccseh
08-25-2011, 10:34 AM
there is a specific task out of the 4,700 i have in outlook that is not syncing to my droid running djo/companionlink. or maybe the search isn't finding it, but i cannot find it when i go to its category either.

how do i diagnose a) why it is not syncing and b) any others that are not being synced?

regards,

les

Thomas
08-26-2011, 09:42 AM
there is a specific task out of the 4,700 i have in outlook that is not syncing to my droid running djo/companionlink. or maybe the search isn't finding it, but i cannot find it when i go to its category either.

how do i diagnose a) why it is not syncing and b) any others that are not being synced?

regards,

les

Hi Les,

Is the Task that does not sync in Outlook a recurring task?

lccseh
08-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Hi Les,

Is the Task that does not sync in Outlook a recurring task?

hi .. it's just a regular task.

is there a log that can be checked to see if/why any items were skipped?

thanks,

les

Thomas
08-26-2011, 12:02 PM
hi .. it's just a regular task.

is there a log that can be checked to see if/why any items were skipped?

thanks,

les

Hi les,

Try this link:
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Instructions_for_sending_us_a_PC_log_file

Thomas
08-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi les,

Try this link:
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Instructions_for_sending_us_a_PC_log_file

You can also try this:
1. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC.
2. Click options.
3. Select Reread Outlook Outlook Data on next sync.
4. Sync your phone.

You can also try toggling the Optimized Update Sync option in the same menu.
Make sure you have the latest build of CompanionLink installed
www.companionlink.com/updates

lccseh
08-29-2011, 08:47 AM
thanks. the log helped me find the problem- the date on the task [not calendar] fell "outside the date range". i will post something separately about this.

for my reference, pls steer me to a description of what optimized update sync is.

regards,

les

Thomas
08-29-2011, 09:25 AM
thanks. the log helped me find the problem- the date on the task [not calendar] fell "outside the date range". i will post something separately about this.

for my reference, pls steer me to a description of what optimized update sync is.

regards,

les

My best description of Optimized update Sync is that it is a method of syncing with Outlook designed to enhance performance for users with large databases. It simply scans for changes recorded since the last recorded sync date and time. Under some circumstances the way Optimized Update sync works can actually increased the sync time instead of decrease it due to how it handles your data after the scan occurs.

If a user makes minimal updates and syncs often, optimized sync will usually provide better sync performance. If a user syncs once or twice a month and has made lots of changes to their data, then optimized update sync can take longer. That is why we give the user the option to toggle that setting.

This feature is only available to Outlook users. Don't panic if your version of CompanionLink does not offer this feature.