PDA

View Full Version : Lost Data!??!

Wayne Whalen
08-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Hello I am a palm user from back in the day. I held on forever to my treo 755p untill it took a 5 story dive which broke the touch screen (everything else worked though), so after 8 years with palm Ive moved over to android. This software I thought was going to be the best way to go for lots of data to transfer. anyways it works ok just have to back up all the time and keep correcting synced data. Well the latest problem is I up graded my sd card to a 32 gig and now all my data is gone...Its strange because it should be stored on the phone not the sd card but I cant find the data. I need to know what the directories I should look for so I can find this data in my backups...any help is appreciated

Thomas
08-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Hello I am a palm user from back in the day. I held on forever to my treo 755p untill it took a 5 story dive which broke the touch screen (everything else worked though), so after 8 years with palm Ive moved over to android. This software I thought was going to be the best way to go for lots of data to transfer. anyways it works ok just have to back up all the time and keep correcting synced data. Well the latest problem is I up graded my sd card to a 32 gig and now all my data is gone...Its strange because it should be stored on the phone not the sd card but I cant find the data. I need to know what the directories I should look for so I can find this data in my backups...any help is appreciated

Hello Wayne,

CompanionLink backs up the Palm Desktop data on each sync. I think this article should be very helpful. Let me know if you have any further questions after reading it:
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/How_to_restore_Palm_Desktop_using_the_CompanionLin k_Palm_Backup_folder

Hook
08-29-2011, 06:04 AM
Wayne, I believe the data is stored on the memory card of your phone. It is in the Clusb folder on mine. You may be able to just copy it from your old SD card (It's a top level folder). I have not actually tried this, but as long as what DO does is read from that folder, recopying the old data should work.

Thomas?

Thomas
08-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Wayne, I believe the data is stored on the memory card of your phone. It is in the Clusb folder on mine. You may be able to just copy it from your old SD card (It's a top level folder). I have not actually tried this, but as long as what DO does is read from that folder, recopying the old data should work.

Thomas?

Hook is correct about the storage location. Copying the CLUSB folder form one SDCard to another should be fine. Make sure you keep a safe copy though. :)