PDA

View Full Version : Search in Notes

Sven
07-12-2010, 05:19 PM
In the Classroom it says: "DejaNotes searches all Note text.". But the search operates only on the first line. Error in the documentation or in the software? It would be great, if a fulltext-search would be possible.

Greets, Sven

Eric
07-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Software. We'll get this fixed, Sven.

Skip-A
08-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Software. We'll get this fixed, Sven.

Just installed new release version 1.6.2; still no full-text search for Notes. Have had to abandon DejaOffice for Notes & use another notes app temporarily. Unhappy about this, given the inability to sync notes with Outlook, but the full-text search is important to me.

Can you help?

Jason
08-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Skip-A-
I agree that having full text search is important. We'll have this fixed in a future release.

Sven
08-11-2010, 03:36 PM
When posting the error I tried it in an emulator. Crazy, but the fulltext-search now works on the X10 Mini Pro. Perfect!

laurentdjo
08-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Skip-A-
I agree that having full text search is important. We'll have this fixed in a future release.

Hi,

I have two remarks :

The full text works for notes in 1.6.3, but it's impossible to find the searched word inside the filterede notes. Could you add a feature to highlight in yellow the searched words ?
A full text feature across all DJO modules will be really better as explained in : A better full search feature (http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?272-A-better-full-search-feature&p=1211&viewfull=1#post1211).

Regards

French / Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.3 / Param = days back 30 + sync both ways + deleted both + sync alarms + cleared records

Skip-A
08-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Interestingly, since my previous post I noticed that full-text search in Notes doesn't work in one situation but does in another:

(1) If I open DJO on my device, then hit the global Search button at the bottom of the device and type in a search term, the response is a drop-down box asking me to indicate which component of DJO to search. If I indicate DejaNotes, the search will bring up only those notes in which the search term is on the first line of the note (i.e., the equivalent of the note title in the DejaNotes list view).

(2) On the other hand, if I FIRST bring up DejaNotes in list view, then select Menu and DJO's own search tool, searching on text will be full-text and a filtered list of notes with the search term will be presented.

So far, so good. However, I echo the desire for an enhancement that, once that filtered list of notes is identified containing the search term, will actually highlight the found text within each note. This will avoid having to manually search through each note containing the search term. This takes time and the text can be overlooked even when present, especially if the notes are long.

As a recent convert to the Android from BlackBerry, I can mention that the BB, in spite of all it's staid, boring "blah-ness", does have that ability. Once a filtered list of notes ("Memos" in BB talk) is identified containing the search term, when each note is opened there is a function called "Find" which will locate and highlight the search term. This way one can see where the text is in each note without having to search manually.

What do you think?

Hi,

I have two remarks :

The full text works for notes in 1.6.3, but it's impossible to find the searched word inside the filterede notes. Could you add a feature to highlight in yellow the searched words ?
A full text feature across all DJO modules will be really better as explained in : A better full search feature (http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?272-A-better-full-search-feature&p=1211&viewfull=1#post1211).

Regards

French / Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.3 / Param = days back 30 + sync both ways + deleted both + sync alarms + cleared records