PDA

View Full Version : cannot edit leading spaces in task subject in android djo



lccseh
08-29-2011, 07:50 AM
if the subject field of a task in the android djo starts with spaces, and i edit them (either adding to them or deleting them), the changes to the leading spaces are not saved.

regards,

les

Thomas
08-29-2011, 01:38 PM
if the subject field of a task in the android djo starts with spaces, and i edit them (either adding to them or deleting them), the changes to the leading spaces are not saved.

regards,

les

Les,

I will try to reproduce this on our end.
What version of DejaOffice are you using?
What device model and OS are you using as well.

Thanks!

lccseh
08-29-2011, 02:24 PM
djo for android 1.11.9, on a verizon motorola droid pro.

thanks,

les

Thomas
08-29-2011, 02:27 PM
djo for android 1.11.9, on a verizon motorola droid pro.

thanks,

les

Attempting to reproduce now. In the mean time. Don't create a new task that starts with spaces. :)
Please.

lccseh
08-29-2011, 02:39 PM
great, thanks!

unfortuantely i am stuck with leading spaces for the foreseeable future, it's something i started to deal with forcing tasks to the top of the sort (long story).

while it would be great if edits to leading spaces were maintained by djo, it's not a priority for me or urgent.

regards,

les

Thomas
08-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Attempting to reproduce now. In the mean time. Don't create a new task that starts with spaces. :)
Please.

Hi Les,

Here are the steps I followed:

1. Open DejaTasks and tap the + button.
2. Press the "space" button on the keyboard and then write a title for the task. (Mine was named "_Test".)
3. Save the task.
4. Select the new task and tap the edit button.
5. Edit the title of the task to be "Atest" instead of "_Test". THus replaceing a space with an alpha character.
6. Tap the save button and go to the primary list of Tasks.

With the steps above I saw the changes stick. Did you do something different than what I outlined?
I did notice after editing the task I needed to change the sort order to find it. I will look into this.

lccseh
08-29-2011, 03:35 PM
in my case, i was either adding to or removing from the number of leading spaces.

i just confirmed the behavior as follows:

- on my droid pro, i went into deja tasks
- created a new task, in the subject field typed 10 spaces and then typed "leading space test" (without the double-quotes), set the priority to high, and set a due date of date. saved it, and it correctly saved the number of leading spaces i had entered.
- edited the same task, removed 5 of the leading spaces, saved. the subject still has 10 leading spaces.

les

Thomas
08-30-2011, 09:11 AM
in my case, i was either adding to or removing from the number of leading spaces.

i just confirmed the behavior as follows:

- on my droid pro, i went into deja tasks
- created a new task, in the subject field typed 10 spaces and then typed "leading space test" (without the double-quotes), set the priority to high, and set a due date of date. saved it, and it correctly saved the number of leading spaces i had entered.
- edited the same task, removed 5 of the leading spaces, saved. the subject still has 10 leading spaces.

les

Les,

I am charging our Droid Pro right now and will take a look at this. Thanks for being understanding about how urgent it is to fix this. I will report my findings to the Dev team and here. I can't promise this will be a priority to fix since it is a bit of an edge case. But I will give it it's due diligence and keep you informed.

Thomas
08-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Les,

I am charging our Droid Pro right now and will take a look at this. Thanks for being understanding about how urgent it is to fix this. I will report my findings to the Dev team and here. I can't promise this will be a priority to fix since it is a bit of an edge case. But I will give it it's due diligence and keep you informed.

Hello Les,

I was able to reproduce the behavior you reported.

I also found a workaround. If you add any character (alpha or numeric) in on of the previous 10 open spaces, the task title re-name's itself correctly. Perhaps this may be of help to you until we can get this fixed.

Thanks for reporting this.

Thomas