PDA

View Full Version : outlooks tasks older than specfiied number of days are not synced with android djo

lccseh
08-29-2011, 08:55 AM
with the assistance of your support staff, i was able to find out why some of my outlook tasks were not syncing to my android djo.

the date of the task was older than what i set 'how many days of past calendar data would you like to synchronize'

question - isn't this field only supposed to apply to calendar items, not tasks?

request - please provide an option to sync all calendar and task items, regardless of age. while it is understandable to think that there is no value in syncing old calendar entries, some people like myself maintain them for historical and tax purposes.

regards,

les

Thomas
08-29-2011, 02:36 PM
with the assistance of your support staff, i was able to find out why some of my outlook tasks were not syncing to my android djo.

the date of the task was older than what i set 'how many days of past calendar data would you like to synchronize'

question - isn't this field only supposed to apply to calendar items, not tasks?

request - please provide an option to sync all calendar and task items, regardless of age. while it is understandable to think that there is no value in syncing old calendar entries, some people like myself maintain them for historical and tax purposes.

regards,

les

Hi Les,

I will look into this on your behalf and report back what we find.
out of curiosity, what build of CompanionLink are you using?

lccseh
08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
thanks.

i don't know what companionlink build we are using .. their support staff had me install it because i could not install the latest build due to "not a valid win32 app" error [which i am still getting so i am without sync]

i *think* the companionlink build was from june or so, although i do not recall installing any updates on my pc [ever?].

les

Thomas
08-29-2011, 04:09 PM
thanks.

i don't know what companionlink build we are using .. their support staff had me install it because i could not install the latest build due to "not a valid win32 app" error [which i am still getting so i am without sync]

i *think* the companionlink build was from june or so, although i do not recall installing any updates on my pc [ever?].

les

OK, So this is a one off situation with that special build. Lets take this off line because it will likely confuse a lot of people. Please private message me. on this. I will close the thread when I get a private message in my inbox.
The current build of CompanionLink does not offer the function you are having a problem with. We not longer set a date range for Calendar.

lccseh
08-29-2011, 04:37 PM
fantastic that you have removed the date range for calendar !

does this mean that there is no date range limiting what tasks will be synced as well?

les

Thomas
08-30-2011, 11:05 AM
fantastic that you have removed the date range for calendar !

does this mean that there is no date range limiting what tasks will be synced as well?

les

Hi Les,

Yes this is the case.

Hook
09-06-2011, 11:55 AM
This raises an interesting question, since I discovered this week-end you can't set the date range for Calendar sync to Outlook. What range is actually synced. Looks to me like it might be 90 days back. I would like it to go back further. Is there any method to accomplish this?

Thomas
09-06-2011, 12:41 PM
That didn't really answer my question. I simply want to know, in lieu of having a setting, what range does the sync betwen Outlook and Deja Office use? Also, does it differ depending on whether optimized sync is selected?

I am working on finding an answer for you. I also sent you private message regarding a previous issue.
Check there when you get a moment.