PDA

View Full Version : Widget patnerships?

Hook
09-01-2011, 05:04 AM
I'm wondering if you would be open to providing access to your database to widget makers. I believe Francois Deslandes of Pure Calendar Widget may have already contacted you.

I know you are developing your own widgets, but frankly these independently developed widgets can get a level of sophistication which would be a distraction for you because your priority is the program itself.

I don't sync Deja Office with my native Android databases and I like it that way. To keep using Pure Calendar Widget, I maintain a parallel calendar in Google, which I would stop the minute PCW could read DO data. PCW allows me to have a scrollable full months agenda on my homescreen for quick lookups. I've used it with all my calendar programs because no dedicated calendar developer has time to develop widgets as advanced as PCW.

So, my question is, are you open to this (I hope). If so, I'll ask Francois to make sure he contacts you folks. I thought it would be good to check with you before pushing harder. He is very receptive to the idea.

Hook
09-08-2011, 06:00 AM
Post holiday bump.

Obviously, I would like this to happen. I assume, but don't know, that it requires handing over some APIs for your data base and would hope it doesn't require much effort on your part. However, I will quite understand if you really don't want to be bothered right now. That's why I'm asking you folks first. :)

Thomas
09-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Post holiday bump.

Obviously, I would like this to happen. I assume, but don't know, that it requires handing over some APIs for your data base and would hope it doesn't require much effort on your part. However, I will quite understand if you really don't want to be bothered right now. That's why I'm asking you folks first. :)

Hook,

I will present this thread to our CTO. He would be the person who would make a decision on this.

Hook
09-21-2011, 07:12 AM
Anything new? I'd like to push from the other end, but won't if the CTO isn't receptive. I just want to put the developer in contact. Doesn't guarantee it will work out, but it is what I can do.

DJOCTO
09-30-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm sorry for the long delay. I'm very receptive. We are certainly open to anyone interested in adding widgets for DejaOffice.

The key for the widgets is to read the data from the file "clusb\companionlink.db". The information is self explanatory. If you have any questions email me directly at wayland@companionlink.com for information.

At this point we feel the Calendar data is stable and will not change significantly in the future. We have plans to add a couple more tables, but they will not affect the existing tables or data structures.

As you create widgets, we can help promote them on our DejaOffice and CompanionLink websites, and to do press releases for them. I hope this helps you get started.

I hope this information helps.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc. and DejaOffice

Hook
09-30-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm sorry for the long delay. I'm very receptive. We are certainly open to anyone interested in adding widgets for DejaOffice.

The key for the widgets is to read the data from the file "clusb\companionlink.db". The information is self explanatory. If you have any questions email me directly at wayland@companionlink.com for information.

At this point we feel the Calendar data is stable and will not change significantly in the future. We have plans to add a couple more tables, but they will not affect the existing tables or data structures.

As you create widgets, we can help promote them on our DejaOffice and CompanionLink websites, and to do press releases for them. I hope this helps you get started.

I hope this information helps.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc. and DejaOffice

Thanks. I'm going to pass this information on to the developer of Pure Calendar Widget. I would love to have my 30-day scrolling agenda widget back on my home screen.