PDA

View Full Version : Good News, Bad News - Syncing

Marston
09-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Just switched phones today. Was using iPhone 3GS because it supported the entire Outlook application, especially the Notes, Contacts and Calender. Now using (though this could change, depending on the outcome of how well DejaOffice and CompanionLink works) the HTC Inspire 4G.

The good news is that I was able to successfully sync ALL of my notes and my calender entries.

The bad news is that none of my contacts sync'ed. Well, actually the only contacts that were transferred were the ones that were assigned as 'Contacts'.

Admittedly, I might done something wrong or missed a step.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mr Blobby
09-06-2011, 01:26 AM
The only contacts which will sync must be in the Outlook folder "Contacts". If they're not in that folder or you have renamed it they won't sync.
Also of course make sure that in the CL setup you have set "contacts" to be synced Outlook to phone direction.

Marston
09-06-2011, 06:40 AM
The only contacts which will sync must be in the Outlook folder "Contacts". If they're not in that folder or you have renamed it they won't sync.
Also of course make sure that in the CL setup you have set "contacts" to be synced Outlook to phone direction.

Thanks Mr. Blooby. After reading your reply, it gave me an idea. I checked the CL settings as you had suggested and noticed that there was a box one could 'check' to allow for sub-folders. I 'checked' the box and performed a sync, and ALL of my contacts transferred along with their respective categories.

Thomas
09-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks Mr. Blooby. After reading your reply, it gave me an idea. I checked the CL settings as you had suggested and noticed that there was a box one could 'check' to allow for sub-folders. I 'checked' the box and performed a sync, and ALL of my contacts transferred along with their respective categories.

Thanks so much Mr. Blobby for helping Martson with getting this working during my Labor Day absence.
Martsen, if you need any further assistance don't hesitate to ask.

In General DejaOffice for Android is further along than for iOS. However there are some unique quirks to the Android Platform. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.