PDA

View Full Version : Gtd

Holger Kuehn
09-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Hello there,

I've been using the mentioned smartphone for a few by now. During research I did come across DejaOffice because of the GTD. I find that it's kind of an interesting method. The DejaOffice website does tell me GTD is somehow supported in DejaOffice, but I've not been able to find anything more specific on that.

Can you point me to it?

Holger

Thomas
09-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Hello there,

I've been using the mentioned smartphone for a few by now. During research I did come across DejaOffice because of the GTD. I find that it's kind of an interesting method. The DejaOffice website does tell me GTD is somehow supported in DejaOffice, but I've not been able to find anything more specific on that.

Can you point me to it?

Holger

Hello Holger,

Welcome to the DejaOffice Forums. Essentially users with GTD configure and use CompanionLink for Outlook.
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/CompanionLink_product_information
I would suggest downloading DejaOffice to your phone, and the free trial of CompanionLink and checking it out. All of the configuration and setup instructions for Outlook apply for GTD users as well.
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Setup_Guides

I hope this helps.

Holger Kuehn
09-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi Thomas,

I have both installed and configured (DejaOffice 1.11.9 and CompanionLink Pro 4 and 5). The synching itself works fine. But all it does is "simple" single tasks with nothing what links two of them together (what is required for GTD, as far as I know by now; if I am wrong here please fell free).

Contacts and Calender works fine. For Tasks I have seen one field in DejaOffice (Project) that seems to be missing in Outlook. The individuell fields doesn't suport that as well (at least it seems that way).

Thomas
09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi Thomas,

I have both installed and configured (DejaOffice 1.11.9 and CompanionLink Pro 4 and 5). The synching itself works fine. But all it does is "simple" single tasks with nothing what links two of them together (what is required for GTD, as far as I know by now; if I am wrong here please fell free).

Contacts and Calender works fine. For Tasks I have seen one field in DejaOffice (Project) that seems to be missing in Outlook. The individuell fields doesn't suport that as well (at least it seems that way).

Hello Holger,
CompanionLink supports GTD users in the sense that having that plugin will not interfere with the Sync process. However, DejaOffice is not designed to provide a GTD user interface experience.

Is there a specific data field missing in your sync experience? CompanionLink Pro does offer field mapping.