PDA

View Full Version : Atrix Categories problems - new ones appear, old ones not accessible

Dave.Kueker
09-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Love the software, but after several weeks of working perfectly the following problem begins:

1. duplicates of existing categories begin to appear in the list.
2. i open them, delete them. Works fine.
3. other duplicates ... some same, some new, appear in the list. Some same color, some new color - No consistent pattern.
4. can be deleted ... but now the only categories that are available for addition to an item are the ones that are deleted.

I'm primarily using tasks but think this is also the case with contacts, calendar, etc.

Looking forward to a fix or a lesson to what I am doing wrong.

Thomas
09-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Love the software, but after several weeks of working perfectly the following problem begins:

1. duplicates of existing categories begin to appear in the list.
2. i open them, delete them. Works fine.
3. other duplicates ... some same, some new, appear in the list. Some same color, some new color - No consistent pattern.
4. can be deleted ... but now the only categories that are available for addition to an item are the ones that are deleted.

I'm primarily using tasks but think this is also the case with contacts, calendar, etc.

Looking forward to a fix or a lesson to what I am doing wrong.

Hello Dave,

What version of DejaOffice are you using? There is a known issue with Categories we fixed recently in 1.12.1beta:
What data manager do you sync from? Is it Palm Desktop? Palm Desktop manages separate category lists for each conduit.

Please provide the following information:
DejaOffice version #
CompanionLink build #
Sync Method
Data manager/PIM (Outlook Act! Palm Desktop etc..)
How many Categories total are you using?

Dave.Kueker
09-11-2011, 10:43 AM
DejaOffice version #1.11.9
(automatic updates are on - can't figure out how to manually update.)

CompanionLink build #4740
Sync Method - WiFi - haven't been able to get the others to work but this one works fine.
Data manager/PIM (Outlook Act! Palm Desktop etc..) Palm Desktop
How many Categories total are you using? 13 (no correlation to Palm categories)

Thomas
09-15-2011, 09:28 AM
DejaOffice version #1.11.9
(automatic updates are on - can't figure out how to manually update.)

CompanionLink build #4740
Sync Method - WiFi - haven't been able to get the others to work but this one works fine.
Data manager/PIM (Outlook Act! Palm Desktop etc..) Palm Desktop
How many Categories total are you using? 13 (no correlation to Palm categories)

Hi Dave,
We have made some changes and fixed some bugs regarding categories in our DejaOffice Beta build and updated CompanionLink.

I would suggest the following steps:
Update to the latest DejaOffice betabuild(1.12.1) Navigate to this link in your device browser and tap the red icon:
http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/
The app will download and you must open the notifications screen and tap it to install.

Update to the latest version of CompanionLink (build 4050). I am assuming you meant to post build 4047 above.
http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

After this is done check that the category data is accurate in Palm Desktop.
Follow these steps:
1. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC desktop.
2. Click the Options menu in the top left corner.
3. Select Purge and Reload All.
4. Sync your phone.

Please Note:
If you have created separate Categories in Palm Desktop for Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, and Notes; You can modify the properties of each Category in the DejaOffice Category APP. Categories sync form CompanionLink to DejaOffice, by default are set to be available to every app in DejaOffice. To customize Categories to work with specific apps follow these steps:

1. Open DejaOffice
2. Tap Categories.
3. Select A Category you would like to customize.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. (Notice each DejaOffice Application is listed and checked.)
5. If this is a Category that is used for Contacts Only. Uncheck any applications that you do not want this category to display in.
6. Hit Save.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Dave.Kueker
09-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Thanks ... I'll try these and let you know.
PS - downloaded and reinstalled from Android Marketplace and it was still 1.11.9

Hook
09-19-2011, 06:58 AM
Thanks ... I'll try these and let you know.
PS - downloaded and reinstalled from Android Marketplace and it was still 1.11.9

The beta version is not in the market. You have to go to the link Thomas gave you.