PDA

View Full Version : CL error: Companionlink MFC Application has stopped working

RobFreundlich
09-11-2011, 07:44 PM
(full disclosure: I've sent in a tech support request on this issue, but I thought I'd mine the forum while I wait ...)

I'm moving from a Windows XP system to a 64-bit Windows 7 system. I installed Palm Desktop 4.1 on the new system, and it seems to work fine.

I then installed CompanionLink. When it asks for a sync type, I tell it "Android Wi-Fi". So far so good. Then when it asks for a contact manager, I tell it "Palm Desktop v4", and I get a Windows error message that says this:

"Companionlink MFC Application has stopped working"

Windows then closes CL. Note that it doesn't matter what sync type I tell it - they all fail the same way. As for changing contact managers to test that piece of it, I don't have any of the others installed so I can't do that particular test.

Is anyone out there successfully running a setup like mine (64-bit Windows 7, Palm Desktop v4, CompanionLink)? Has anyone tried and seen the same error message?

RobFreundlich
09-12-2011, 01:20 PM
A bit more information from some experiments this morning. If I set Palm Desktop and CL to run in XP Compatibility mode, things seem to work OK. Anyone else seeing that?

Hook
09-12-2011, 02:56 PM
As far as I know, Palm Desktop 4.x is not very happy with Vista and Win7. I would guess that is at the root of your problem (but it is only a guess-- I still use XP and don't use Palm Desktop).