PDA

View Full Version : How to start over...

SzDoc
07-14-2010, 12:21 PM
So, I have been using a Palm device since 1998. Migrated to WinMo early last year, and ported all my Palm Desktop stuff to Outlook. Now I'm migrating to an Android device (Droid), and I'm trying to use CL/DJO. Until now, I have never purged anything out of my calendars. This was not a problem on Palm or Winmo devices, which didn't seem to care how many data points were in the calendar. DJO, OTOH, appears to be a different matter. When I did my initial sync, there were 8,000+ items in the calendar. It took an hour to sync. Now, any time I try to move around the DJO calendar, it hangs.

So, I'm going back in outlook and deleting non-essential data manually. I can't just "archive" stuff out, since there are some old data I have to have access to on the device for professional purposes.

At any rate, how do I blow out the databases on the Droid and start over, once I have a smaller Outlook calendar to move?

Thanks.

Eric
07-15-2010, 09:39 AM
SzDoc, there are a couple of ways you could go about this. One is to run a CompanionLink "purge and reload" sync, which will clear the DejaOffice data, then reload it from Outlook. This is probably the most straightforward approach. Another option is to delete the DejaOffice database altogether (it will be recreated when you sync the next time). To do this, you would delete the "clusb" folder on your Droid's SD card. However, if you are syncing to the native Droid contact list/calendar, you might also need to clear out the native databases.