PDA

View Full Version : Contact sync duplicates

thatguydude
07-15-2010, 03:44 AM
I synced dejacontacts with my android contacts. The problem is that dejacontacts did not like the way the phone numbers were formatted in android and so it copied each phone number in duplicate. Android saves phone numbers in a xxxxxxxxxx or (xxx)xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx or 1xxxxxxxxxx or any other usable format. Dejacontacts gets confused and tries to make every imported phone # format like (xxx)xxx-xxxx.

Also dejacontacts created 3 entries for each person I imported from android contacts.

Eric
07-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Do you have an example of this phone number duplication (you can x out numbers for privacy, but please include any area codes/country codes/leading 0s or 1s)? How was the number formatted in Android, and then how did it come over to DejaContacts?

Are the triplicate DejaContacts identical? What kind of phone do you have? And what Android OS is it running?

thatguydude
07-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Phone= Motorola Cliq
Provider= T-Mobile
Android version= 1.5
-
I have a contact in android called Ned Jones and the phone number is formatted xxx-xxx-xxxx
Well, when I sysnc my android contacts with dejacontacts I get 3 entries for Ned Jones in dejacontacts. Each entry duplicates the phone # so I end up with 3 contacts and 6 phone numbers in dejacontacts for 1 person in android. Upon further investigation I realize that only 1 of the entries that dejacontacts copied has the note that was in the original contact.

The entries formatted in dejacontacts as follows:

Name Ned Jones
Mobile xxx-xxx-xxxx
Mobile (xxx)xxx-xxxx
Note
(the content of my contact note)

Name Ned Jones
Mobile xxxxxxxxxx
Mobile (xxx)xxx-xxxx
(entry does not have the contact not that my original android entry had)

Name Ned Jones
Mobile xxx-xxx-xxxx
Mobile (xxx)xxx-xxxx
(entry does not have the contact not that my original android entry had)

Eric
07-20-2010, 10:37 AM
This is good information; thank you. I'll pass this over to the QA group for testing. I'm curious, if you search your Android contacts for Ned Jones (instead of scrolling through the list), do you have just the one result?

thatguydude
08-04-2010, 02:59 AM
Upon trying to perform the search that you requested I discovered that the Contact Search Function does not work. I press the search button and it does nothing. I was going to buy this software after the evaluation but I can't justify paying for something that does not give me the seamless sync experience that I had over 5 years ago with my palm treo.