PDA

View Full Version : companionlink 5.0 (build 5002) bug



4ofN
10-03-2011, 06:02 AM
companionlink 5.0
dejaoffice 1.11.9
samsung captivate - android 2.2
windows 7 64 bit
office 2010

The priorities no longer sync between outlook tasks and deja tasks. I"ve tried a lot of things but can't get it to work. I have even wiped out the clusb folder, resynced to push a new version of the tasks down to the phone and modifications to the priorities still don't sync.

Thomas
10-03-2011, 09:08 AM
companionlink 5.0
dejaoffice 1.11.9
samsung captivate - android 2.2
windows 7 64 bit
office 2010

The priorities no longer sync between outlook tasks and deja tasks. I"ve tried a lot of things but can't get it to work. I have even wiped out the clusb folder, resynced to push a new version of the tasks down to the phone and modifications to the priorities still don't sync.

Hello 4ofN,

Tanks for reporting this.
I want to try and reproduce this in house. I have a few questions for you.


What build # of CompanionLink do you have installed? (Bottom left corner of CompanionLink setup.)
What sync method are you using?
Is DejaOffice configured for Outlook Style Prioirities? (Open DejaOffice and Tap Settings>Task Settings Verify Priority Style is set to "Outlook Style")
Have you attempted a Purge and Reload of Tasks?
STEPS to do this:
1. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC Desktop.
2. Click the Settings Gear next to Microsoft Outlook 2000-2010 in the third dropdown box.
3. In the Applications tap click Purge and Reload Tasks
4. Click OK.
5. Sync your Phone.

Even if the Purge and Reload works please provide the answers to the questions above so i can investigate further.
Thanks,

4ofN
10-03-2011, 12:15 PM
> What build # of CompanionLink do you have installed? (Bottom left corner of CompanionLink setup.)
5002
> What sync method are you using?
USB
> Is DejaOffice configured for Outlook Style Prioirities? (Open DejaOffice and Tap Settings>Task Settings Verify Priority Style is set to "Outlook Style")
Yes (outlook style) - although I used to use the Palm style as I am an old palm user. Palm style used to work but doesn't anymore. I switched to outlook style to try to fix this.
> Have you attempted a Purge and Reload of Tasks?
Yes. It didn't fix it - which makes little sense.
Yes again - this time I changed a task description just to be sure. On the phone the description was changed but not the priority - which continues to make no sense.
Yes yet again - this time I deleted the clusb directory first. Still no joy. Now this make absolutely no sense. How can the phones database be deleted and then have the old priorities reassert themselves? Where do they live? Are there 2 sets of priorities in outlook? Is there some kind of cache somewhere? I hope that your knowledge of the architecture helps you make more sense of this that it does me.

Just a little about me. I have been working with computers for over 35 years starting with a home built computer in the 70's. I currently own my own software company where I do most of the coding - jboss/java/jsp/ etc. Not that this makes me knowledgable about everything - more that I know that I don't know everything. I also understand the debugging process so feel free to ask technical questions as I am perfectly comfortable digging around in the insides of my phone OS or computer OS if that helps.

Even though most phone OS manufacturers seem to think todo apps are not worth the time, I live by them. Thanks for your time.

4ofN
10-03-2011, 01:45 PM
PS. I have been playing with the priorities and syncing and noticed something odd.

I set all of the priorities to high (using outlook), then synced. Then set all of them to low and then synced. Then set all of them to medium and synced.

Some tasks changed priority but not all. It was random and I can't see a pattern, but this does show some kind of behaviour even though it is chaotic.

4ofN
10-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I don't understand why, but one of my responses has not shown up here. So...

Build = 5002
Sync method - USB
Outlook priorities - yes (used to use palm style, but am now testing with outlook style)
Purge / reload - yes. Several times according to your listed steps. Also including deletion of clusb directory

Still no joy.

4ofN
10-04-2011, 07:23 AM
well, well, well. My first response to you has finally shown up in the thread. Please ignore post #5 as it is basically a summary of post #3.

Some more info for you. It may be the "Normal" priority that is causing problems. If I set everything to high or low, the syncing seems to work most of the time. The times it doesn't work may be due to the previous priority being normal for a task so the change doesn't get picked up. Not 100% on this, but I presume that any info could help.

Thomas
10-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I don't understand why, but one of my responses has not shown up here. So...

Build = 5002
Sync method - USB
Outlook priorities - yes (used to use palm style, but am now testing with outlook style)
Purge / reload - yes. Several times according to your listed steps. Also including deletion of clusb directory

Still no joy.

4ofN,

So sorry this is happening. Please submit a ticket to:
support@companionlink.com

We will send instructions via email on how t troubleshoot this issue.