PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice Won't Open on My Iphone4

PinkSmoot
10-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Afew days ago,DejaOffice stopped working on my Iphone4. I press the DejaOffice button, it goes to a black screen. After a few seconds, it kicks back to my home screen. This is very frustrating! I am traveling with my Iphone alone (no computers to link to). What do I need to do to get DejaOffice working again?

StaticRick
10-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I have had this happen a couple of times in the past. To fix it, I always did a full reset of the iphone:

1. Press the power button and the home button on the phone simultaneously. Keep them held until the screen goes blank and the apple logo appears.
2. When the reboot is complete, wait a few minutes to be SURE that it's complete
3. Launch DejaOffice

This procedure has always worked for me. I've had this happen about four times and it seem to happen when there is a update to the app.

I hope this helps.

Thomas
10-10-2011, 02:31 PM
I have had this happen a couple of times in the past. To fix it, I always did a full reset of the iphone:

1. Press the power button and the home button on the phone simultaneously. Keep them held until the screen goes blank and the apple logo appears.
2. When the reboot is complete, wait a few minutes to be SURE that it's complete
3. Launch DejaOffice

This procedure has always worked for me. I've had this happen about four times and it seem to happen when there is a update to the app.

I hope this helps.

Hello StatickRick and Pinksmoot,

What version new of DejaOffice did you download? 1.2.5 or 1.2.6?
Some users are having this issue in different versions. A new build has been submitted to Apple, 1.2.7 that should fix it for everyone. That should be available very soon.

Some users have also reported that attempting multiple launches will eventually work. There is a calendar database upgrade that occurs on the initial launch that some devices don't recognize, and the application times out.

I promise this problem will go away soon. You may have success if you keep trying, or you may have to wait a day or two for Apple to post 1.2.7.

I hope this information helps.

StaticRick
10-10-2011, 02:50 PM
With one of the more recent updates, I had to reboot and relaunch a couple of times to get it to work. I don't recall if it was 1.2.5 or 1.2.6. Either way, I did get it to work and am very pleased with the latest version. It's great to see some of the issues and requests brought up on this forum fixed and incorporated in the latest version. DJO keeps getting better.

Thomas
10-10-2011, 04:00 PM
With one of the more recent updates, I had to reboot and relaunch a couple of times to get it to work. I don't recall if it was 1.2.5 or 1.2.6. Either way, I did get it to work and am very pleased with the latest version. It's great to see some of the issues and requests brought up on this forum fixed and incorporated in the latest version. DJO keeps getting better.

Hello StaticRick,

Glad to hear things are working again. Getting over the DB conversion has been a little trickier than we anticipated. Apologies to anyone who is having issues with that.
We are moving the ball up the field though. Keep us in the loop if we can help on anything.

PinkSmoot
10-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Thomas said

"I promise this problem will go away soon. You may have success if you keep trying, or you may have to wait a day or two for Apple to post 1.2.7."

I pretty sure I have version 1.2.6. I've tried rebooting several times as well as multiple launches. Still no luck. I guess I will have to wait for 1.2.7. I hate having to write appts on paper.

Thank you everyone for your assistance.

I hope this information helps.[/QUOTE]

Thomas
10-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Thomas said

"I promise this problem will go away soon. You may have success if you keep trying, or you may have to wait a day or two for Apple to post 1.2.7."

I pretty sure I have version 1.2.6. I've tried rebooting several times as well as multiple launches. Still no luck. I guess I will have to wait for 1.2.7. I hate having to write appts on paper.

Thank you everyone for your assistance.

I hope this information helps.[/QUOTE]

We just received notification from Apple that DejaOffice 1.2.7 is in review. It is very possible it will available in the App Store later today. I can't make promises, but that is a possibility.