PDA

View Full Version : Notification and Home screen shortcut

rab
10-11-2011, 05:41 AM
Hi,

We are using outlook sync with Iphone. I have two questions:

First, we are looking for a way how to make notification on the Iphone after sync on the outlook. For example, I create a task on outlook with "abc" and then outlook sync with iphone, after completed the sync, we received notification on the iphone like "Task: abc, Start date:.. End date:.. Status:.. Priority:.. Complete:.."

Second, Is there a way to put DejaTask,DejaCal,etc on the Iphone home screen? or maybe shortcut?

Thank you.

Thomas
10-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Hi,

We are using outlook sync with Iphone. I have two questions:

First, we are looking for a way how to make notification on the Iphone after sync on the outlook. For example, I create a task on outlook with "abc" and then outlook sync with iphone, after completed the sync, we received notification on the iphone like "Task: abc, Start date:.. End date:.. Status:.. Priority:.. Complete:.."

Second, Is there a way to put DejaTask,DejaCal,etc on the Iphone home screen? or maybe shortcut?

Thank you.

Hello rab,

At this time Recurring tasks and Task notifications are not yet supported in DejaOffice for iOS. The plan is to implement support for recurring Tasks, and then add support for Task Notifications soon after.
DejaOffice 1.2.7 is about to be released any day, which includes a fix for some users who are having problems launching DejaOffice due to the Calendar databse changes we recently made.

The next update after 1.2.7 should be to fix the Expenses application.
After that, we will will be working adding support for Task notifications and Recurring Tasks.

Regardin your second request for a shortcut to specific applications in DejaOffice. THis is not supported due to s specific design in the iOS that does not allow third party applications to share data. So it is not possible to create individual application icons on the main iOS screen and still be able to link data between DejaContacts and DejaCalendar for example.

I hope this information helps.