PDA

View Full Version : Important iOS 5 Update Info - iOS 5 Notifications Issue with 3rd party apps

Thomas
10-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Today Apple released iPhone 4s and iOS 5 has been out since Wednesday.

We will be updating here with any new information tips, tricks, and gotcha's for DejaOffice users on iOS 5.

One thing we have noticed is that some, not all, users have reported that after updating to iOS 5 DejaOffice stops generating event notifications.
This seems to be due to the new way in which iOS 5 handles notifications. Other 3rd Party applications are affected by this as well.

FIX:
1. On your Apple device go to the Main iOS screen and tap Settings. (icon with the gears)
2. Tap Notifications.
3. Scroll down to DejaOffice. (DejaOffice is likely listed in the Not In Notification Center list)
4. You can now customize exactly how you receive notification in DejaOffice.
5. This may be a good time to review other application notifications are set as well.

You can read about this subject on our support site by using the link below:
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/DejaOffice_notifications_issue_after_updating_to_i OS_5

We hope this information is helpful. We are working on a long term fix for this, however it may require an iOS update from Apple. We will keep everyone informed of our progress on this matter.

rab
10-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Hi,

I could not find Deja Office notification in my notification list.
How can I add it?

Thanks.

Thomas
10-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Hi,

I could not find Deja Office notification in my notification list.
How can I add it?

Thanks.

Hello RAB,

If you have updated to iOS 5 then there should be two lists of applications in the notification area.
The first list is "In notification center" and the second list is "Not in notification center".

Do you see both lists in the Notifications section of settings?
What version of DejaOffice is installed on your phone?

rab
10-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi,

Yes, I do. I can see both notifications, but I don't see DejaOffice either "in notifiication center" or "Not in notification center".

Should I do jailbreak to enable DJO notification?

I am using the latest version 1.2.7 of Deja Office

Thanks

Thomas
10-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Hi,

Yes, I do. I can see both notifications, but I don't see DejaOffice either "in notifiication center" or "Not in notification center".

Should I do jailbreak to enable DJO notification?

I am using the latest version 1.2.7 of Deja Office

Thanks
Hi RAB,

Try creating a new Calendar event in DejaCalendar that has an a alarm set. Then check the Notifications setting again. Please confirm if this works as we will be adding this to our website as a workaround if it does.

Thanks!

rab
10-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Hi,

Thanks Thomas, It works!

Thomas
10-18-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi,

Thanks Thomas, It works!

Hi RAb,

Thanks for the feedback. We have posted this on our website as a valid work around for this problem.