PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice for iPhone shuts down before fully starting

mstollenwerk
10-19-2011, 10:26 AM
I just installed DejaOffice on my 1st generation iPhone (OS v3.1.3 with 2.2 GB free space) but I can't seem to get it started.
After selecting the DejaOffice icon, from the main screen, I get the typical header (signal strength bars, connection type, time, and battery charge) at the top and a black screen at the bottom for about two seconds. Then it goes back to the main screen.
I've completely shut down the the iPhone and I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

Any ideas on how to get DejaOffice running on my first gen iPhone?

Thomas
10-20-2011, 12:06 PM
I just installed DejaOffice on my 1st generation iPhone (OS v3.1.3 with 2.2 GB free space) but I can't seem to get it started.
After selecting the DejaOffice icon, from the main screen, I get the typical header (signal strength bars, connection type, time, and battery charge) at the top and a black screen at the bottom for about two seconds. Then it goes back to the main screen.
I've completely shut down the the iPhone and I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

Any ideas on how to get DejaOffice running on my first gen iPhone?

Hello mstollenwerk,

At this time we cannot guarantee backwards compatibility for DejaOffice with the original iPhone or devices running iOS3. This is due to the comprehensive changes made by Apple in the current iOS 5 Software Developers Kit.

As you may know, Apple considers original iPhone devices to be legacy equipment. Apple does not offer the the original iPhone for sale, they do not offer any form of manufacturer's warranty/Apple Care coverage, and their current Development Kit offers numerous options that the original iPhone is unable to handle. Telephone support for the original iPhone is only available from Apple on a single incident fee based arrangement, or website based support. In most countries around the world, original iPhone parts are no longer available to repair damaged units. If Apple agrees to take a depot repair on an original iPhone for their standard depot repair fee, the device is often simply swapped out to the user with in iPhone 3G or 3Gs. They also seem to be limiting their Development resources to third party application developers like CompanionLink.

We can however offer a workaround for you. iClink is a free download from CompanionLink SW and offers Sync functionality with CompanionLink and Original iPhone devices. You can find it in the App Store.

I hope this helps.