PDA

View Full Version : Data wiped from DJO after selecting reread OL data in CL

McLion
10-20-2011, 09:55 AM
I am opening a new thread for this because nothing seems to happen anymore on the older thread nor do I get any response on that topic from support.

I reported this for quite some time now.
After selecting Reread OL data or selecting PnR in CL ans executing a sync all data is wiped from the DJO and starting DJO shows the assistant like after the first setup and all preferences like font sizes and stuff are reset.
It needs a second PnR after that to get the data back on the Device.

I am really sick and tired of going through all the menus over and over and setting all the fonts and what not again!
I am currently spending more time with re-syncing, correcting bugs that happened and re-setting preferences that I do using DJO.

Since CL is a paid software - which I feel like an Alpha tester for it - is there any way to get a refund for this piece of software?

McLion
10-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Know what ... though I selected Reread android data in the first sync ... it changed the due dates to task in OL to today (which have been chnaged in DJO by mistake). :mad:

McLion
10-20-2011, 10:07 AM
And it removed all the birthdays from all contacts .... Again

Thomas
10-20-2011, 10:28 AM
I am opening a new thread for this because nothing seems to happen anymore on the older thread nor do I get any response on that topic from support.

I reported this for quite some time now.
After selecting Reread OL data or selecting PnR in CL ans executing a sync all data is wiped from the DJO and starting DJO shows the assistant like after the first setup and all preferences like font sizes and stuff are reset.
It needs a second PnR after that to get the data back on the Device.

I am really sick and tired of going through all the menus over and over and setting all the fonts and what not again!
I am currently spending more time with re-syncing, correcting bugs that happened and re-setting preferences that I do using DJO.

Since CL is a paid software - which I feel like an Alpha tester for it - is there any way to get a refund for this piece of software?

McLion,

If you want a refund I can look into this on your behalf. However, I am confused, you just offered to help with Strings Translation. Seems like mixed signal here.

We have your DJO Data and were not able to reproduce this. Short of you submitting your Outlook .PST file it is unlikely we will be able to reproduce this behavior.

However I will suggest the following comprehensive steps:

1. Run the Scan.pst utility on your Outlook Data.
2. Completely delete the data content in Android Contacts. (In some cases a complete wipe and restore of the Android device is required, especially for people who have incrementally updated their Android OS over time.)
3. Check your Outlook data for any Duplicates and or unnecessary data.
4. Uninstall DejaOffice.
5. Delete the CLUSB folder from the SD Card.
6. Delete the .INI files from the CompanionLink Folder on your PC. (I can private message you with instructions if need be.)
7. Open CompanionLink setup on your PC desktop and reconfigure your Sync settings. (Executing step 6 will cause CompanionLink Setup to be empty.)
8. Install DejaOffice. Run through the Setup wizard.
9. Sync your phone.

If that doesn't work I suggest switching to WiFi Sync. One reason we support multiple Sync methods is because some individual users can have problems regardless of our very proactive work to resolve all our customer's issues. When the behavior you are reporting above occurs it is often due to problems with DejaOffice communicating with the SDCard on the phone. This can at times be due to many different reasons.

I will just list a few here:

1. An Android OS update changes How the Android OS accesses the SDCard.
2. SDCard failure.
3. Specific internal OS timing issue to access the SDCard.
4. Third party application interference.
5. Physical problem with the Android Device.
6. Bug in DejaOffice. (This usually results in multiple inquiries from users with the same device model reporting a problem. In this case, to the best of my knowledge, that has not occurred with the HTC Desire in some time.)

WifI sync and Direct USB use different methods to access the SD Card. Some customers have to either change their SDCard, their Sync Method, or their Phone to get around this issue.

I get you are frustrated. We apologize for any inconvenience to you.
How would you like to proceed?

McLion
10-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Thomas,

You're right, it's kind a mixed signal ,and I appreciate you trying to help.
I was suggesting to volunteer for translations quite some time ago when I was not (yet) having so much problems with the daily use of DJO and CL. I am in contact again and I will send some suggestions to Belinda by next week.

The problem is that I actually still would like to use DJO and CL because I basically like its functionality and the features that are not found in native Android nor in any other app, at least not as far as I know. However, with the cumulation of issues I encounter lately, I really started to get mixed feelings about that.

I am Hard- and Software developer myself and I really do know that it is sometimes hard to catch a bug.

Some remarks to your suggestions:
- My company Outlook works with a ost file instead of a pst because of our Exchange server. Basically, it is the same, it's just a different naming because MS speaks of it as a offline store when OL works in conjunction with an Exchange server in a company. All pst tools work on it as they do on a pst.
- I can not send it to you. Basically because of its size (about 900MB) and because of the company data in it (emails).
- There are no duplicates in Outlook. I did check that many times.
- I never had any issues with accesses to the SD card in the device - unlike many other according to their posts.
- I already carried out some of the suggested actions like completely remove DJO from the device including removing of the CLUSB folder and even reformatting the SDcard.
Of course, I can look into the other suggestions.

However, I have a hard time to believe that I am the only one encountering some of the issues I reported, either here in the Forum or directly by email to you or support. There are some that I never got a response to.

McLion

Thomas
10-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Thomas,

You're right, it's kind a mixed signal ,and I appreciate you trying to help.
I was suggesting to volunteer for translations quite some time ago when I was not (yet) having so much problems with the daily use of DJO and CL. I am in contact again and I will send some suggestions to Belinda by next week.

The problem is that I actually still would like to use DJO and CL because I basically like its functionality and the features that are not found in native Android nor in any other app, at least not as far as I know. However, with the cumulation of issues I encounter lately, I really started to get mixed feelings about that.

I am Hard- and Software developer myself and I really do know that it is sometimes hard to catch a bug.

Some remarks to your suggestions:
- My company Outlook works with a ost file instead of a pst because of our Exchange server. Basically, it is the same, it's just a different naming because MS speaks of it as a offline store when OL works in conjunction with an Exchange server in a company. All pst tools work on it as they do on a pst.
- I can not send it to you. Basically because of its size (about 900MB) and because of the company data in it (emails).
- There are no duplicates in Outlook. I did check that many times.
- I never had any issues with accesses to the SD card in the device - unlike many other according to their posts.
- I already carried out some of the suggested actions like completely remove DJO from the device including removing of the CLUSB folder and even reformatting the SDcard.
Of course, I can look into the other suggestions.

However, I have a hard time to believe that I am the only one encountering some of the issues I reported, either here in the Forum or directly by email to you or support. There are some that I never got a response to.

McLion

I am going to send you a PM on this. Belinda and I are working on a possible solution.
We have to get with some folks on our end so look for a note from one of us soon.

McLion

McLion
10-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Worked for three days ... and now again has wiped all the bday entries from all contact records in Outlook :mad:

Ohh .. need to tell all of the story .. There is no more data in DJO on the device ... it's empty !!!! while native android contacts still shows all contacts.

.. and all preference settings of DJO are reset again !!!!

Thomas
10-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Worked for three days ... and now again has wiped all the bday entries from all contact records in Outlook :mad:

Ohh .. need to tell all of the story .. There is no more data in DJO on the device ... it's empty !!!! while native android contacts still shows all contacts.

.. and all preference settings of DJO are reset again !!!!

McLion,

Sorry about any inconvenience this may have caused you.
It sounds like data is safe on the PC Outlook side.
The next step is to do a Purge and Reload from the PC.

Let me just rewind and and share exactly what I know about your personal Setup.
Sig file has most details but I want to clarify any variables that may be affecting you.

Your Outlook is connected to an Exchange Server.
Are you syncing your Phone with another PC? Like a laptop or desktop PC?
If you are syncing with a 2nd PC, what sync method are you using with that Computer?

Please confirm Franz. ;)

McLion
10-27-2011, 01:17 PM
It sounds like data is safe on the PC Outlook side.
Except for the bdays in all contact records in OL that are deleted again.

The next step is to do a Purge and Reload from the PC.
Already did that now ... and did set all the preferences in DJO once again.

Your Outlook is connected to an Exchange Server.
Yes, OL 2007 is connected to Exchange 2003 and works with a local ost (equivalent to a pst)

Are you syncing your Phone with another PC? Like a laptop or desktop PC?
No.
I tried that quite some time ago because upon request before buying CL I was told from support that this works. However, since I had so many issues to even get correct data from OL to the Android device, I stopped doing that until this works as supposed.

Just to not mix up ... it's Franz