PDA

View Full Version : Want to overwrite my Outlook calendar with DJO calendar

dtmfcc
10-20-2011, 05:36 PM
I sync calendar items from the phone to Outlook for backup, meaning only one way. I was noticing there were some duplicates in my Outlook calendar, and I thought that if I deleted all the calendar items, except for my imported holidays, then the phone would overwrite the Outlook and all would be well.

Apparently I was wrong, because now I have nothing in my Outlook calendar except for a couple of appts I had changed since the last sync. So apparently the Outlook isn't taking the "old" appts from the phone.

How do I overwrite the Outlook calendar? I thought that CL's setting for purge and reload would work, but apparently that's only for overwriting the phone database.

Help!

Deborah
CL 4047
DJO 1.11.9
Droid X
Outlook 2007

Hook
10-20-2011, 06:29 PM
You need to set the sync direction on the applications tab of advanced settings to android to Outlook. That may even get the purge and reload to work in the desired direction, but I'm not sure of that. It should, however, add what is on your phone to Outlook.

It is always a good idea to export your PIM data in Outlook before doing something big tike this. Export each as pst file and then if you get in trouble you can delete everything and restore.

Thomas
10-21-2011, 07:37 AM
I sync calendar items from the phone to Outlook for backup, meaning only one way. I was noticing there were some duplicates in my Outlook calendar, and I thought that if I deleted all the calendar items, except for my imported holidays, then the phone would overwrite the Outlook and all would be well.

Apparently I was wrong, because now I have nothing in my Outlook calendar except for a couple of appts I had changed since the last sync. So apparently the Outlook isn't taking the "old" appts from the phone.

How do I overwrite the Outlook calendar? I thought that CL's setting for purge and reload would work, but apparently that's only for overwriting the phone database.

Help!

Deborah
CL 4047
DJO 1.11.9
Droid X
Outlook 2007

Hello Deborah,

1. In CompanionLink Setup on your PC click options.
2. Select Reread Android Data on next sync.
3. Sync your phone.

!!!! DO NOT Purge and Reload - That is always a one way sync from the PC to the Phone (in this case the wrong direction) and it will completely overwrite all the phone data.
I hope this helps.

Thomas
10-21-2011, 07:40 AM
You need to set the sync direction on the applications tab of advanced settings to android to Outlook. That may even get the purge and reload to work in the desired direction, but I'm not sure of that. It should, however, add what is on your phone to Outlook.

It is always a good idea to export your PIM data in Outlook before doing something big tike this. Export each as pst file and then if you get in trouble you can delete everything and restore.

Exporting data is a great idea Hook. PNR will not work in this case because she wants the data to go from the phone to Outlook. PnR is always from the PC to the device.

dtmfcc
10-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Sounds good. Might have to wait til Monday. Definitely should have backed up Outlook first; I know better than that. Worst case would be that I'd reenter my repeating client spots on the phone so they would be new. Then they would synch and my most crucial info would be there.

I'll post back as to whether the re-read works.

Thanks

Deborah

Thomas
10-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Sounds good. Might have to wait til Monday. Definitely should have backed up Outlook first; I know better than that. Worst case would be that I'd reenter my repeating client spots on the phone so they would be new. Then they would synch and my most crucial info would be there.

I'll post back as to whether the re-read works.

Thanks

Deborah

Deborah,

As a precaution, you can backup the "CLUSB" folder on the Android device SDCard to a safe place on your PC before you begin. That folder contains a copy of the DejaOffice data. If anything goes wrong, you can restore that.

Hook
10-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Exporting data is a great idea Hook. PNR will not work in this case because she wants the data to go from the phone to Outlook. PnR is always from the PC to the device.

Yeah, that's why I cautioned that it was only a guess. I didn't know if the direction setting changed that function. Probably should have been even more cautious and not mentioned it at all. ;)