PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Sync ACT-Droid-Dejaoffice

Bionicdr
10-30-2011, 10:45 AM
I want to sync the above databases is this possible plus read and edit on the droid?

I have tried and tried to set up current config synching is

cl to droid
dejaoffice syncs gmail contacts and calendar
google sync turned off on phone
cl 2nd profile sncs act to google
(which contact and calendar database on the phone should I choose)?

using newest beta of dejaoffice
cl 5

Also is there a way to change sync method for each profile?
Can I sync with two wifi's for the droid / changing the usb and username? will it keep the information tags and not create dups?

Thanks for anyone listening. If you have a similar setup please try and be a tech. I'm not getting anything from Companionlink so anything you can provide is helpful.

p.s. I have been using companionlink for years and think the program is great just need better documentation on if you want to sync this set it up this way.

Thomas
10-31-2011, 03:54 PM
I want to sync the above databases is this possible plus read and edit on the droid?

I have tried and tried to set up current config synching is

cl to droid
dejaoffice syncs gmail contacts and calendar
google sync turned off on phone
cl 2nd profile sncs act to google
(which contact and calendar database on the phone should I choose)?

using newest beta of dejaoffice
cl 5

Also is there a way to change sync method for each profile?
Can I sync with two wifi's for the droid / changing the usb and username? will it keep the information tags and not create dups?

Thanks for anyone listening. If you have a similar setup please try and be a tech. I'm not getting anything from Companionlink so anything you can provide is helpful.

p.s. I have been using companionlink for years and think the program is great just need better documentation on if you want to sync this set it up this way.

Hello bionicdr,

Thank you for posting. I would like to help. I want to make sure I understand how you wish to configure the SW so I am going to restate it back using some very specific dialog:

Congfig:
CompanionLink build 5004
DejaOffice v 1.12.3
Android Device and OS ??? (Please respond with the specific info.)

A couple of things to note. If you change the Sync Method, you must do a Purge and Reload all on the next Sync. CompanionLink is not designed to randomly change the Sync method for a Sync profile, and doing that will cause a number of undesired results that lead to pretty complicated technical issues.

Can you please fill out the following items so I can be sure I understand you correctly:
Profile 1.
Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = ???
Box 2 Select your Sync Method = ???
Box 3 Slect you PC Web Database = ???

Profile 2
Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = ???
Box 2 Select your Sync Method = ???
Box 3 Slect you PC Web Database = ???

Please respond with this information filed out and I can advise you what expected behavior is, and how to configure CompanionLink to what you want it to do, if it is possible.

Bionicdr
11-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Hello bionicdr,

Thank you for posting. I would like to help. I want to make sure I understand how you wish to configure the SW so I am going to restate it back using some very specific dialog:

Congfig:
CompanionLink build 5004
DejaOffice v 1.12.3

A couple of things to note. If you change the Sync Method, you must do a Purge and Reload all on the next Sync. CompanionLink is not designed to randomly change the Sync method for a Sync profile, and doing that will cause a number of undesired results that lead to pretty complicated technical issues.

Can you please fill out the following items so I can be sure I understand you correctly:
Profile 1.
Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = Bionic
Box 2 Select your Sync Method = companionlink pro / wifi
Box 3 Slect you PC Web Database = ACT 2011

Profile 2
Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = Google
Box 2 Select your Sync Method = companikonlink pro
(this one is one way sync to google, only to eliminate duplicates)

Since I'm shooting for a purple sky here it would be wonderful If I could also sync my Nook (android Froyo)

I also have an exchange account on the phone, it only syncs back to outlook, I have yet to figure out how to send an appointment via deja Office calendar.

Thanks for your attempt to help.

Please respond with this information filed out and I can advise you what expected behavior is, and how to configure CompanionLink to what you want it to do, if it is possible.

Please see the answers in the quote above.

Bionicdr
11-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Hello bionicdr,

Congfig:
CompanionLink build 5004
DejaOffice v 1.12.3

Profile 1.
Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = Bionic
Box 2 Select your Sync Method = companionlink pro / wifi

Profile 2
Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = Google
Box 2 Select your Sync Method = companikonlink pro
(this one is one way sync to google, only to eliminate duplicates)

Since I'm shooting for a purple sky here it would be wonderful If I could also sync my Nook (android Froyo)

I also have an exchange account on the phone, it only syncs back to outlook, I have yet to figure out how to send an appointment via deja Office calendar.

Thanks for your attempt to help.

Bionicdr
11-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Hello bionicdr,

Congfig:
CompanionLink build 5004
DejaOffice v 1.12.3

Profile 1.
Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = Droid Bionic
Box 2 Select your Sync Method = companionlink pro local wifi

Profile 2
Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = google
Box 2 Select your Sync Method = pc companionlink pro

I also posted on the deja office forums and was going to copy and paste however they do not post until moderator approved. :(

Thanks for any and all help you can provide. I also need to sometimes send calendar items via exchange. I do not view but sync so I do not see duplicates in the main calendar view.

Thomas
11-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Profile 1.
Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = Droid Bionic
Box 2 Select your Sync Method = companionlink pro local wifi

Profile 2
Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = google
Box 2 Select your Sync Method = pc companionlink pro

I also posted on the deja office forums and was going to copy and paste however they do not post until moderator approved. :(

Thanks for any and all help you can provide. I also need to sometimes send calendar items via exchange. I do not view but sync so I do not see duplicates in the main calendar view.

Hello BionicDR,

So it sounds like you want to use Multiple Sync profiles to update DejaOffice and your Google account. Am I hearing that correctly.
I sent you a private message. Please see that for further instructions.

Thomas
11-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Hello BionicDR,

So it sounds like you want to use Multiple Sync profiles to update DejaOffice and your Google account. Am I hearing that correctly.
I sent you a private message. Please see that for further instructions.

Hello BioncDr,

I am curious if all of this effort is to work around a previous issue that has been fixed in DejaOffice 1.12.3.
-fixed an issue where some Droid Bionic users could not sync with the native Google account

If this is the case I am curious what your experience was with 1.12.3 trying to Sync with the Native Google account.