PDA

View Full Version : All calendar items moved with Standard Time switch

mel
11-06-2011, 05:50 PM
I have a Samsung Fascinate that is operating DejaOffice 1.12.2. When Daylight Savings Time ended today, all of my future meetings moved an hour earlier (my 9:30 meeting tomorrow is now at 8:30 on the calendar). I have not had this problem with earlier versions of DejaOffice. Do I have to manually move every meeting?

Thomas
11-07-2011, 08:30 AM
I have a Samsung Fascinate that is operating DejaOffice 1.12.2. When Daylight Savings Time ended today, all of my future meetings moved an hour earlier (my 9:30 meeting tomorrow is now at 8:30 on the calendar). I have not had this problem with earlier versions of DejaOffice. Do I have to manually move every meeting?

Hello Mel,

Try updating to DejaOffice 1.12.3 please.

Thomas
11-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Hello Mel,

Try updating to DejaOffice 1.12.3 please.
Also, if you are syncing with CompanionLink, you can purge and reload the Calendar if the data is accurate there.

mel
11-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Dear Thomas,
I dowloaded 1.12.3. The problem is still there, but it comes and goes. Sometimes after it rebuilds the calendar display, the appointments are OK. But then a few hours later, when it decides to rebuild again (without my turning the phone off), it goes back to 1-hour early. At the present time, the problem is only there for recurring appointments, weekly or bi-weekly. They are an hour early. The one-time appointments are at their correct times.

Mobile Device and OS: Samsung Fascinate (SCH-I500) with firmware version 2.2.2,
hardware version I500.04, Kernel version 2.6.32.9, build SCH-I500.ED05
DejaOffice version# 1.12.3
CompanionLink build # 5004
Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..) PalmDesktop

However I have not backed up the phone with CompanionLink since well before this
problem started.
Sync Method

Thomas
11-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Dear Thomas,
I dowloaded 1.12.3. The problem is still there, but it comes and goes. Sometimes after it rebuilds the calendar display, the appointments are OK. But then a few hours later, when it decides to rebuild again (without my turning the phone off), it goes back to 1-hour early. At the present time, the problem is only there for recurring appointments, weekly or bi-weekly. They are an hour early. The one-time appointments are at their correct times.

Mobile Device and OS: Samsung Fascinate (SCH-I500) with firmware version 2.2.2,
hardware version I500.04, Kernel version 2.6.32.9, build SCH-I500.ED05
DejaOffice version# 1.12.3
CompanionLink build # 5004
Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..) PalmDesktop

However I have not backed up the phone with CompanionLink since well before this
problem started.
Sync Method

Hello Mel,

Hi Mel,

So it sounds like you have updated the DejaOffice software to 1.12.3 and not done a Purge and Reload form the PC.
Please correct me if I am hearing you wrong.

This problem will require the Calendar Database being rewritten with a Purge and Reload Sync.
To do this please follow these steps:
1. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC Desktop.
2. Click the Gear icon next to Palm Desktop setting in the main screen.
3. Click the Purge and Reload Calendar check box in the Applications tab.
4. Click OK.
5. Sync Your Phone.

Does that help?

mel
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately not. It still has repeating appointments 1 hour early, while non-repeating appointments are at the correct time.

Thomas
11-08-2011, 07:00 AM
Unfortunately not. It still has repeating appointments 1 hour early, while non-repeating appointments are at the correct time.

OK Mel,

Just a few things to check here to make sure we haven't missed anything.
1. Is your PC Date, Time, Time Zone and Daylight Savings Time all set correctly?
2. Are your Android phone time and Time zone settings on Automatic, or have you manually set your Date/Time and Time Zone.
3. Are there location settings associated with the repeating events that are still off by an hour?
4. Is your Palm Desktop Data still accurate for the events that are off by an hour on your phone?
5. Do you happen to be traveling with a laptop right now and in a different time zone than usual?

All of these questions could have an affect on this. Thanks.

mel
11-08-2011, 07:43 AM
1. Is your PC Date, Time, Time Zone and Daylight Savings Time all set correctly?
Yes
2. Are your Android phone time and Time zone settings on Automatic, or have you manually set your Date/Time and Time Zone.
It is on automatic.
3. Are there location settings associated with the repeating events that are still off by an hour?
There are no location settings associated with any of my calendar entries.
4. Is your Palm Desktop Data still accurate for the events that are off by an hour on your phone?
I don't know since I am now in my office. But since the problem started
more than a week after I previously had synced the phone to the Palm Desktop
and CompanionLink was set for data transfer from the phone to the Desktop
and not vice versa, I don't think that is the problem.
5. Do you happen to be traveling with a laptop right now and in a different time zone than usual?
No, I am in my home city and haven't traveled in a week and a half.

Thomas
11-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Yes
It is on automatic.
There are no location settings associated with any of my calendar entries.
I don't know since I am now in my office. But since the problem started
more than a week after I previously had synced the phone to the Palm Desktop
and CompanionLink was set for data transfer from the phone to the Desktop
and not vice versa, I don't think that is the problem.
No, I am in my home city and haven't traveled in a week and a half.

Hello mel,

I am sending you a private message with instructions on how to submit a log/data file to us so we can look at this issue more closely.

mel
11-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Hi Thomas,
If you sent the email, I didn't receive it.

Thomas
11-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi Thomas,
If you sent the email, I didn't receive it.

Check the Notifications link in the forums UI. Top right corner. Then Click the inbox link.

paulsteinway
11-14-2011, 02:34 PM
I have the exact same issue. I've also noticed that I can't change the start time on the recurring events that got shifted an hour earlier. I make the change for it to start an hour later, but when I save the record the start time is still an hour too early.

Thomas
11-15-2011, 12:28 PM
I have the exact same issue. I've also noticed that I can't change the start time on the recurring events that got shifted an hour earlier. I make the change for it to start an hour later, but when I save the record the start time is still an hour too early.

Hello Paul,

What version of DejaOffice is installed on your phone?
What build # of CompanionLink as well?
Android Device Model?
Android OS verson?