PDA

View Full Version : Data Lost

alejandrogrodriguez
11-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi:

I installed DejaOffice in a tablet PC. I saved a lot of items (contacts, notes, etc). Later I installed a MicroSD card in the tablet (for more memory) and all Dejaoffice data was lost. Any idea what happend and How to get back the former information?

Thanks

Thomas
11-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Hi:

I installed DejaOffice in a tablet PC. I saved a lot of items (contacts, notes, etc). Later I installed a MicroSD card in the tablet (for more memory) and all Dejaoffice data was lost. Any idea what happend and How to get back the former information?

Thanks

Hello alejandro,

DejaOffice is designed to store it's data on the SDCard by defualt.
Please provide some additional information:

1. Android Device Model and the exact OS Version.
2. Did you swap the SDCard Out in your Android Device? (If yes then the DejaOffice data is on the card that was removed.)
3. Does your device have more than one SDCard slot in it?
4. Did the DejaOffice Setup Wizard display the first time you launched DejaOffice after adding the SDCard?
Here is why I am asking question #4:

DejaOffice is designed to be installed on an Android device that already has an SDCard installed. When DejaOffice is launched the first time it searches the SDCard for a folder named "CLUSB". This is where all the data for DejaOffice gets stored. If DejaOffice does not detect a CLUSB folder on the SDCard it creates one and then the user will see the Setup Wizard display.

Some Android devices simulate an SDCard using the device's internal Memory, and some Android Devices have and internal and external SDCard. That is why I asked what Device Model you are using.
One thing you may want to try this:
1. Power off your Android Device.
2. Carefully Remove the SDCard in your Android Device.
3. Power the Device Back on.
3. Now Launch DejaOffice.
Does the previously entered data re appear?

alejandrogrodriguez
11-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi Thomas:

1. Tablet PC X-View Android 2.1
2. No, Data was loaded before to buy and insert SDCard
3. No, it has just one slot.
4. No, it did not

Thanks to your explanation, I find original DejaOffice data file and I overwrite the new one so I get the information previosuly stored.

Thanks a lot.

Alejandro

alejandrogrodriguez
11-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi Thomas:

Thanks to your explanation I was able to find the former Dejaoffice data file so I overwrote the new one (in the SDCard).

As you said Dejaoffice is made to work with a SDCard.

And as you said too, removing the SDCard data was there.

Thanks a lot

Thomas
11-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi Thomas:

Thanks to your explanation I was able to find the former Dejaoffice data file so I overwrote the new one (in the SDCard).

As you said Dejaoffice is made to work with a SDCard.

And as you said too, removing the SDCard data was there.

Thanks a lot

Hello Alejandro,

Glad to hear things are working again for you. :)
I appreciate the feedback. This will help us support other customers who happen to run into this sequence of events.

If I heard your correctly, the data did not automatically re appear when you removed the SDCard.
You had to go into the device memory and find the "CLUSB" folder and copy it to the SDCard.
Is this correct?

alejandrogrodriguez
11-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi Thomas:

On removing the SDCard, data re-appeared which show me, as you said, Dejaoffice was pointing to the SDCard and data was not lost but still in the original file (in the memory of the device). With your explanation about Directory and how Dejaoffice works I find the data file and overwrite "the new one" on the SDCard which has no data at all.

Thanks again

Thomas
11-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi Thomas:

On removing the SDCard, data re-appeared which show me, as you said, Dejaoffice was pointing to the SDCard and data was not lost but still in the original file (in the memory of the device). With your explanation about Directory and how Dejaoffice works I find the data file and overwrite "the new one" on the SDCard which has no data at all.

Thanks again

OK,

Thank you for clarifying.