PDA

View Full Version : No Microphone In Search

dane
11-12-2011, 05:47 PM
When doing a search in either Memos, Contacts, or Calendar the microphone button does NOT appear so you cannot use the system voice search ability.

Hook
11-12-2011, 06:57 PM
When doing a search in either Memos, Contacts, or Calendar the microphone button does NOT appear so you cannot use the system voice search ability.

You probably need to give more information about what device and what version of Android, etc, because I get the micrphone button on my keyboard with search on any and all of the DJO PIMs.

dane
11-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks, yes I should have given more info.
Device: HTC Sensation
Android Version: 2.3.4
HTC Sense Version: 3.0

Here is what happens when I open the DJO Calendar, Contacts, or Memo and go into the Android Search menu I get the keyboard at the bottom of the screen and on the bottom left of the keyboard there is a key that says EN and on that key is a grayed out microphone.

If I launched the Android default contacts (called 'People') you automatically get an option at the ttop of the screen to either type in a name or click the microphone icon which is to the right. When I click the microphone the nortmal Android speak system is launched.