PDA

View Full Version : Force Close When Accessing Memos on Android

MMT
11-16-2011, 08:23 AM
When I try to access DejaMemos on my Samsung Galaxy, I keep getting a force close message. This started in October 2011, and I have not been able to "cure" the problem with resets and taking the battery out. I can work around it by saying I want to edit the memo, and then can see the information, but just tapping on the memo forces close.

All other DejaOffice functions work fine, but I use memos frequently, so this is frustrating.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thomas
11-16-2011, 09:27 AM
When I try to access DejaMemos on my Samsung Galaxy, I keep getting a force close message. This started in October 2011, and I have not been able to "cure" the problem with resets and taking the battery out. I can work around it by saying I want to edit the memo, and then can see the information, but just tapping on the memo forces close.

All other DejaOffice functions work fine, but I use memos frequently, so this is frustrating.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

MMT,

I believe you are using DejaOffice 1.12.3, correct?
Also I believe you are syncing with Outlook via USB. Please correct me if I am wrong.

MMT
11-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks for your quick response!

I am using Deja office version 1.12.2, and syncing via USB using Companionlink for Palm Desktop.

Thomas
11-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for your quick response!

I am using Deja office version 1.12.2, and syncing via USB using Companionlink for Palm Desktop.

Hello MMT,

I believe we had you drop back to 1.12.2 for reason that I am not recalling at the moment.

Individual DejaOffice applications in 1.12.2 can crash if you have set the Group By Settings to anything but none.
I think this is the cause of the problem you are having.

I am looking for a way to change that setting without launching DejaMemo's right now.

MMT
11-16-2011, 10:28 AM
I have it set to automatically upgrade, and 1.12.1 is the most recent upgrade I show.

I do have Memos set to Group by Category. You're right - when I set it to "None," the force close response stopped. If I need to, I certainly can operate that way, but it is so convenient to have the categories ....

Thomas
11-16-2011, 10:46 AM
I have it set to automatically upgrade, and 1.12.1 is the most recent upgrade I show.

I do have Memos set to Group by Category. You're right - when I set it to "None," the force close response stopped. If I need to, I certainly can operate that way, but it is so convenient to have the categories ....

MMP,

You can use the link below in your Android Device to download an install 1.12.3.
This issue is fixed in 1.12.3.
Sometimes the Android Market does not offer the latest version for some unknown reason on their end.
http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/

MMT
11-16-2011, 11:21 AM
HOORAY! I used the link to get 1.12.3 and then set the "Group by" back to "Categories," and now it works just fine. You're brilliant!

Many, many thanks!

Thomas
11-16-2011, 02:40 PM
HOORAY! I used the link to get 1.12.3 and then set the "Group by" back to "Categories," and now it works just fine. You're brilliant!

Many, many thanks!

You are very welcome!