PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Data is Being Dropped

HugoER
11-16-2011, 09:00 AM
I am beginning to notice a serious annoyance with Deja Office. It seems that it has been dumping selected calendar appointments. Today I noticed that two important meetings that were previously on my calendar have disappeared. This has happened before and appears to happen when I receive a meeting invitation and later receive an update. My device is configured not to sync to the Android calendar. I had to do this because that was causing other data to be lost or revert to previous states. I also have the GCalendar sync turned off. I need this to work correctly. Any help out there?

Thomas
11-16-2011, 09:26 AM
I am beginning to notice a serious annoyance with Deja Office. It seems that it has been dumping selected calendar appointments. Today I noticed that two important meetings that were previously on my calendar have disappeared. This has happened before and appears to happen when I receive a meeting invitation and later receive an update. My device is configured not to sync to the Android calendar. I had to do this because that was causing other data to be lost or revert to previous states. I also have the GCalendar sync turned off. I need this to work correctly. Any help out there?

Hello Hugo,

Try these steps:

1. Open DejaOffice and tap Settings.
2. Tap DejaCalendar Settings.
3. Scroll to the bottom and tap: Rebuild Calendar Display

Does that help?

HugoER
11-16-2011, 09:42 AM
This does not help. The meetings were dropped off of the Outlook calendar after sync. They were on my Outlook calendar, I synced, and didn't notice that they had dropped. This has happened before. I need this to work. Are there limitations that I'm not aware of?

I need to check one more thing. Both of the dropped appointments were meeting invites that I accepted and synced correctly. I then received updates and both updated correctly on Outlook. They disappeared from both after syncing with the Smartphone. Any insight on this? I will run a test this evening.

Thomas
11-16-2011, 09:50 AM
This does not help. The meetings were dropped off of the Outlook calendar after sync. They were on my Outlook calendar, I synced, and didn't notice that they had dropped. This has happened before. I need this to work. Are there limitations that I'm not aware of?

I need to check one more thing. Both of the dropped appointments were meeting invites that I accepted and synced correctly. I then received updates and both updated correctly on Outlook. They disappeared from both after syncing with the Smartphone. Any insight on this? I will run a test this evening.

Hello Hugo,

That specific information is very helpful.

Lets get some more.

1. CompanionLink build # installed on your PC?
2. DejaOffice version installed on your Android Device.
3. Android Device Model and OS.
4. Sync Method
5. Windows version and Outlook Version on your PC?
6. Is DejaOffice configured to sync with the Native Android Calendar on your phone? (This may be a critical piece of information.)

HugoER
11-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Hello Hugo,

Lets get some more.

4. Sync Method
6. Is DejaOffice configured to sync with the Native Android Calendar on your phone? (This may be a critical piece of information.)

First of all, thanks for being so responsive with this. It's really important because I depend greatly on my calendar. Here are the results of my test.

Earlier I mentioned that two meeting appointments had been dropped, one that was scheduled for this afternoon and one that is scheduled for next Tuesday. Both had been sent from my Outlook calendar on my corporate account. That system uses Office (Outlook) 2010 on an Exchange 2010 platform. My personal calendar uses Outlook 2007 with a POP connection to a commercial ISP. I only sync with my personal calendar. I will include the technical details you requested at the end of this message.

I went into my Deleted folder on Outlook and restored the two appointments. I synced the phone and saw one of the appointments (the one that occured today) disappear from my Outlook calendar. It was not on the phone either. The other appointment did not disappear and shows up on the phone. The one that stayed on the calendar was one that I had sent from my own account, the one that disappeared had been sent from a different account.

I then sent two meeting requests from my corporate to my personal account (Test and Test Too). I accepted both meetings and synced the phone. Both transferred fine. Next I sent a meeting update for "Test", adding a location. I received and accepted the update on my personal account and verified that the details were correct in Outlook. I synced up the phone and watched "Test Too" disappear from Outlook. "Test Too" was the one that I had not made any changes to. It deleted from the phone as well. Next I sent another meeting update for "Test," synced, and everything seemed OK.

Next I sent another meeting request, "Test 3," accepted and synced. It seemed to work OK. I sent another update to "Test," changing the time, accepted and synced. It seemd to work OK. I sent a fourth meeting request, "Test 4," accepted and synced. It seemed to work OK. Finally, I attached a small JPG file to the meeting request on "Test 4," sent the update, accepted, verified that the JPG went through, and synced. This time I watched "Test 4" (the one with the JPG) disappear from my Outlook calendar.

You can understand why this is upsetting. I need a reliable calendar to work from. I was fortunate not to have missed or double scheduled this morning's meeting, and I was fortunate that I notice that it did not appear on my Deja Calendar. That prompted me to verify the remaining appointments for the month, so I happened to notice that next week's meeting had been dropped. I only hope that no other future meetings have been dropped.

Please see the requested information below:

1. CompanionLink build # installed on your PC? - I am using v4.0 (Build 4047)

2. DejaOffice version installed on your Android Device. - v1.12.3

3. Android Device Model and OS. - Motorola Droid2 Global running Android 2.3.3

4. Sync Method - USB

5. Windows version and Outlook Version on your PC? - Windows Vista Ultimate (64bit) with Office 2007 (All patches and SP are up to date for OS and Office)

6. Is DejaOffice configured to sync with the Native Android Calendar on your phone? (This may be a critical piece of information.) - No, this was causing a multitude of problems, particularly causing appointments to revert previous times after being updated. This seemed to be the case especially the appoitments were made directly on my personal Outlook account. I would watch appointments revert to previous dates and times during. I have since configured DejaOffice to not sync with the native applications and have deleted the Android calendar data on the device.

HugoER
11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Hello Hugo,

Lets get some more.

4. Sync Method

First of all, thanks for being so responsive with this. It's really important because I depend greatly on my calendar. Here are the results of my test.

Earlier I mentioned that two meeting appointments had been dropped, one that was scheduled for this afternoon and one that is scheduled for next Tuesday. Both had been sent from my Outlook calendar on my corporate account. That system uses Office (Outlook) 2010 on an Exchange 2010 platform. My personal calendar uses Outlook 2007 with a POP connection to a commercial ISP. I only sync with my personal calendar. I will include the technical details you requested at the end of this message.

I went into my Deleted folder on Outlook and restored the two appointments. I synced the phone and saw one of the appointments (the one that occured today) disappear from my Outlook calendar. It was not on the phone either. The other appointment did not disappear and shows up on the phone. The one that stayed on the calendar was one that I had sent from my own account, the one that disappeared had been sent from a different account.

I then sent two meeting requests from my corporate to my personal account (Test and Test Too). I accepted both meetings and synced the phone. Both transferred fine. Next I sent a meeting update for "Test", adding a location. I received and accepted the update on my personal account and verified that the details were correct in Outlook. I synced up the phone and watched "Test Too" disappear from Outlook. "Test Too" was the one that I had not made any changes to. It deleted from the phone as well. Next I sent another meeting update for "Test," synced, and everything seemed OK.

Next I sent another meeting request, "Test 3," accepted and synced. It seemed to work OK. I sent another update to "Test," changing the time, accepted and synced. It seemd to work OK. I sent a fourth meeting request, "Test 4," accepted and synced. It seemed to work OK. Finally, I attached a small JPG file to the meeting request on "Test 4," sent the update, accepted, verified that the JPG went through, and synced. This time I watched "Test 4" (the one with the JPG) disappear from my Outlook calendar.

You can understand why this is upsetting. I need a reliable calendar to work from. I was fortunate not to have missed or double scheduled this morning's meeting, and I was fortunate that I notice that it did not appear on my Deja Calendar. That prompted me to verify the remaining appointments for the month, so I happened to notice that next week's meeting had been dropped. I only hope that no other future meetings have been dropped.

4. Sync Method - USB

5. Windows version and Outlook Version on your PC? - Windows Vista Ultimate (64bit) with Office 2007 (All patches and SP are up to date for OS and Office)

6. Is DejaOffice configured to sync with the Native Android Calendar on your phone? (This may be a critical piece of information.) - No, this was causing a multitude of problems, particularly causing appointments to revert previous times after being updated. This seemed to be the case especially the appoitments were made directly on my personal Outlook account. I would watch appointments revert to previous dates and times during. I have since configured DejaOffice to not sync with the native applications and have deleted the Android calendar data on the device.

HugoER
11-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Tom. Did my reply get through?

HugoER
11-17-2011, 11:27 AM
I guess not. Here it is again:

4. Sync Method - USB

HugoER
11-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Lost another appointment off of the calendars this morning. This was one that was sent from an outside calendar, accepted, sync'ed, then updated. When I sync'ed, the appointment disappeared. This is beginning to have consequences. Still awaiting a response.

Thomas
11-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Lost another appointment off of the calendars this morning. This was one that was sent from an outside calendar, accepted, sync'ed, then updated. When I sync'ed, the appointment disappeared. This is beginning to have consequences. Still awaiting a response.

HugER,

I am sending you a private message to submit a DejaOffice data file to us so we can investigate this further.
Was the appointment that did not sync accepted on your PC or on your phone?
Also, please update to DejaOffice 1.12.5 if you have not already.

sjamie
11-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Unfortunately, in the past, I too have lost many appointments from my Outlook calendar as a result of syncing. I've since re-added the obvious ones and none were created through meeting invites. Let's see what happens for me with v.1.12.5.

Thomas
11-23-2011, 07:08 AM
Unfortunately, in the past, I too have lost many appointments from my Outlook calendar as a result of syncing. I've since re-added the obvious ones and none were created through meeting invites. Let's see what happens for me with v.1.12.5.

HugER,

Also make sure you are using build 4050 of CompanionLink.
You can update here:
http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

HugoER
11-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks. I updated to build 5004 this morning. I also updated to DejaOffice 1.12.5 last night. Not sure if any of the updates will help, based on the relaese notes, although I did see one that "Improved Outlook folder retrieval logic," on a couple of the builds. When you send me that other message, I'll repeat the test I did earlier and send you the data file.