PDA

View Full Version : Recurring appointment deleted in Palmdesktop still in DJO after sync

Lexie
11-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Just an observation: when I delete an recurring appointment (this instant) in Palmdesktop it will still show up in DJO after I did a sync.
The other way around: when I delete an recurring appointment (this instant) in DJO it is also deleted in Palmdesktop after a sync.

For me it is not a big problem because you only have to remember that you delete it in DJO and not in the Palmdesktop.
But it would be better if it worked both ways.

My sync settings are:
Sync both ways
Records deleted in both Palmdesktop and Android will be synchronised
Lastest changes are kept

Thomas
11-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Just an observation: when I delete an recurring appointment (this instant) in Palmdesktop it will still show up in DJO after I did a sync.
The other way around: when I delete an recurring appointment (this instant) in DJO it is also deleted in Palmdesktop after a sync.

For me it is not a big problem because you only have to remember that you delete it in DJO and not in the Palmdesktop.
But it would be better if it worked both ways.

My sync settings are:
Sync both ways
Records deleted in both Palmdesktop and Android will be synchronised
Lastest changes are kept

Hello alexandra,
Are you using PalmDesktop 4.0 or 6.2?

Lexie
11-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Hello Thomas,

I use version 4.1.4 (see signature)

Thomas
11-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Hello Thomas,

I use version 4.1.4 (see signature)

:)

Ok You got me on that one! Thank you.

Lexie
11-22-2011, 05:25 AM
:) couldn't help myself ;)

Lexie
12-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Last weekend I did the Android update to 2.3.5.

For this I did a 'wipe on android before sync' (purge and reload) and to check if everything went okay I checked my entries in the beginning of my calendar.

Before I said that this wasn't a big problem because you only have to remember that you delete it in DJO and not in the Palmdesktop.
But I did forget all the entries I made before DJO and my HTC.
Every entry I deleted in the past in what ever recurring event were placed back!
Before I said this problem wasn't a big issue. well it is now!
I have spend 5 hours sorting through 2500 calendar entries (2006-now) to set everything as I thought it must have been in the past.
Thank God I do not have a large calendar!

My calendar is back in order after this hard work.

And for the future if I have to change something in an recurring event (appointment) I will set the end date before the change.
Make the change an single event and will start the same recurring event as new recurring event after the change.
It is not the easiest way to handle recurring events but this way you work around the problem.

On my Treo this never happened.

So my question would be: Please can you fix this because this is very annoying!

Lexie

Lexie
01-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Today I updated to CL 5014 and did test if there were any changes regarding the recurring appointments.

It has improved, but now I have a different problem.

I did a test by creating a recurring appointment daily from monday Januari 23rd to tuesday januari 31th the next week in Palmdesktop and synced it (Sync both ways,Records deleted in both Palmdesktop and Android will be synchronised, Lastest changes are kept ). Which was ok. All the days are displayed correctly in DJO.

I then deleted a single event of the recurring appointment on Tuesday the 24th and on Saturday in Palmdesktop.
Then I did a sync (Sync both ways, Records deleted in both Palmdesktop and Android will be synchronised, Lastest changes are kept).
The problem now is that in DJO the appointment on Monday the 23th and Friday have been deleted instead of tuesday and saturday I deleted in the Palmdesktop.
I did test this several times and alway have the same result.
So it now deletes (which didn't before) but a day early.

The other way around: if you delete it in DJO and sync it, it will display correctly in the Palmdesktop (as it did before)

Lexie

Lexie
01-21-2012, 01:14 AM
Updated to CL 5016, behaviour is still the same.

I want to add something I forgot.

When in DJO the appointment on Monday the 23th and Friday have been deleted instead of tuesday and saturday I deleted in the Palmdesktop and you don't correct it you get a bigger problem.
The next time you do a sync (both ways, Records deleted in both Palmdesktop and Android will be synchronised, Lastest changes are kept) the false information will be transfered to both DJO and Palmdesktop and you have no way of knowing later on that those entries are at fault.
So your calendar will get corrupted.

I still use my way around this by using the following methode:
if I have to change something in an recurring event (appointment) I will set the end date before the change.
Make the change an single event and will start the same recurring event as new recurring event after the change.
It is not the easiest way to handle recurring events but this way you work around the problem.

But I rather just change/delete something in the recurrencing appointment and be sure that it will stay that way in DJO and Palmdesktop.

Are others having this problem too and is it possible to solve this problem?

I am happy that everything else is working without any problems and I know that recurrences are difficult.

Regards,
Lexie

Lexie
01-30-2012, 02:11 AM
Does anyone experience this problem also?

Regards,
Lexie

Lexie
02-06-2012, 02:02 AM
So I update CL to 5020 and did the following test.

I created in Palmdesktop an appointment on monday the 6th of Februari which is repeated (recurring) everyday on the same time until the 19th of Februari.
I did a sync with my HTC and both have now this appointment with the repeat (recurring).
Then I deleted the appointment on Tuesday the 7th and Friday 10th in my Palmdesktop and also the appointment on Saturday the 18th in DJO.

This I synchronised (both ways, Records deleted in both Palmdesktop and Android will be synchronised, Lastest changes are kept).

The result:
- In Palmdesktop the deleted appointment of Tuesday and Friday have reappeared and the saturday appointment is deleted.
- In DJO the Tuesday and Friday haven't been deleted and the Saturday appointment is still deleted.

When I do a new sync (both ways, Records deleted in both Palmdesktop and Android will be synchronised, Lastest changes are kept) the deleted Saturday appointment will reappear in both the Palmdesktop as in DJO.

So I am back at where I started when I first wrote this thread.

Has anyone come across the same problem with Palmdesktop and DJO?

I have read about issues with Outlook which do appear similar but not about Palmdesktop.
If no one has the same problem I would like to know what I do wrong so I can fix this.
I used it a lot on my Palm Treo 650 and that worked fine then.

So please if anyone could help me out??

Lexie

Lexie
02-06-2012, 02:13 AM

I created in Palmdesktop an appointment on monday the 6th of Februari which is repeated (recurring) every day on the same time until the 19th of Februari.
I did a sync with my HTC and both have now this appointment with the repeat (recurring).
Then I deleted the appointment on Tuesday the 7th and Friday 10th in my Palmdesktop and also the appointment on Saturday the 18th in DJO.

This I synchronised (both ways, Records deleted in both Palmdesktop and Android will be synchronised, Lastest changes are kept).

The result:
- In Palmdesktop the deleted appointments of Tuesday and Friday have reappeared and the saturday appointment is deleted.
- In DJO the Tuesday and Friday haven't been deleted and the Saturday appointment is still deleted.

When I do a new sync (both ways, Records deleted in both Palmdesktop and Android will be synchronised, Lastest changes are kept) the deleted Saturday appointment will reappear in both the Palmdesktop as in DJO.

So after a few syncs all the deleted appointments will be back in Palmdesktop and DJO because when you sync from Palmdesktop to DJO the appointments will be placed back.
And I do not archive deleted items in Palmdesktop. I checked that.

I have read about issues with Outlook which do appear similar but not about Palmdesktop.
If no one has the same problem I would like to know what I do wrong so I can fix this.

Lexie

Lexie
02-07-2012, 12:26 AM

I created in Palmdesktop an appointment on monday the 6th of Februari which is repeated (recurring) everyday on the same time until the 19th of Februari.

The result:
- In Palmdesktop the deleted appointment of Tuesday and Friday have reappeared and the saturday appointment is deleted.

I checked Palmdesktop and my deleted items are not archived, so should be permentantly deleted.

Lexie

Thomas
02-07-2012, 11:22 AM

The result:

I checked Palmdesktop and my deleted items are not archived, so should be permentantly deleted.

Lexie

Hello Lexie,

Sorry these posts got stuck in moderation. Next time just send me a Private Message adn I will approve them immediately.
Let me look into this for you and respond promptly.

Thomas
02-07-2012, 12:26 PM

The result:

Lexie

Lexie, I sent you a private message regarding this issue. Please respond and we can go from there.

Lexie
02-08-2012, 03:43 AM
Hello Thomas,

Thanks for looking in to this.
I have send you a private message, just now.

Lexie