PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice 1.2.8: Editing memo crashes DO

Ninetrees
11-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Hearing the closest that my wife gets to uttering an expletive, I went around to see what was the matter. She was preparing her shopping list for this morning on DO, and it crashed after she had all her shopping list updated.

I tried with success to duplicate the failure. All I did was edit a memo and scroll upwards. About half way up the memo (remember, DO puts you at the end of a memo when you hit edit, which is annoying of itself) I was presented with a totally black screen (the iTOuch BSOD?), then the iTouch Home screen.

We use memos frequently, so this means for us that we must revert to editing on the Palm Desktop.

~R~

Thomas
11-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Hearing the closest that my wife gets to uttering an expletive, I went around to see what was the matter. She was preparing her shopping list for this morning on DO, and it crashed after she had all her shopping list updated.

I tried with success to duplicate the failure. All I did was edit a memo and scroll upwards. About half way up the memo (remember, DO puts you at the end of a memo when you hit edit, which is annoying of itself) I was presented with a totally black screen (the iTOuch BSOD?), then the iTouch Home screen.

We use memos frequently, so this means for us that we must revert to editing on the Palm Desktop.

~R~

Hello Ninetrees.

Thank you for posting this.
If you could provide me with some additional information that might be helpful.

Palm Desktop Version.
CompanionLink build #
Sync method. (WiFi or Secure Hosted)
Which Generation iPod Touch are you using and what is the exact iOS version installed?
The memo being edited - Was it created in DejaOffice or synced from Palm Desktop via CompanionLink? Is it a particularly large memo file or short? THe more information you can give me about the Memo itself the better.

Thanks,

Ninetrees
11-20-2011, 01:35 PM
OK. I updated my sig per /your/ sig ;-) Let's see if I get it on the reply.

The memo was created on the Palm. Memo stats
Size: 4,985 bytes
Number of paragraphs: 367
Number of words: 734
Number of letters and digits: 3,592
Number of printable characters: 3,809
Total number of characters: 4,985

~R~
Mobile Device iTouch 4G, iOS5, current
DejaOffice version 1.2.8
CompanionLink 5004
Sync Method: Wi-Fi