PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice 1.2.8: Palm Desktop <> DO <> Apple contacts, &c.

Ninetrees
11-20-2011, 06:19 AM
I am syncing to Palm Desktop 4.x. In the Setup Wizard, I have Apple Contacts OFF, Apple Calendar OFF...

BUT the wizard indicates that I have "Other sync services" enabled, as well as a big warning on the screen...THEN indicates that the Apple contacts and calendar are empty, which I know.

In iTunes, both of these options are disabled on the Info page.

On the iTouch, there are no apps with contact or calendar sync options enabled that I see.

~R~

Thomas
11-20-2011, 09:34 AM
I am syncing to Palm Desktop 4.x. In the Setup Wizard, I have Apple Contacts OFF, Apple Calendar OFF...

BUT the wizard indicates that I have "Other sync services" enabled, as well as a big warning on the screen...THEN indicates that the Apple contacts and calendar are empty, which I know.

In iTunes, both of these options are disabled on the Info page.

On the iTouch, there are no apps with contact or calendar sync options enabled that I see.

~R~

Hello Ninetrees,

Thanks for posting. The Setup Wizard screen you reference has a link at the bottom. It advises how to verify other sync services are disabled. If you are confident you taken all the measures we have advised then please feel free to move forward. Some sync services in iOS are flagged as turned on (and stay that way) if you sync with iTunes only once. This screen is just a way for us to warn people they "may" have other sync setting that might conflict. Also if you have ever synced with a different computer using iTunes, those sync settings will not display when you connect to a different computer with iTunes.

Ninetrees
11-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks. It looks as if I have no other sync options turned on. I think that this will be revisited in different threads that address the use of iTouch in ways similar to Palm...but I just wanted to know that I am OK w DO, so that's a wrap here...

~R~