PDA

View Full Version : entries duplicated

ashokgrinde
11-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Hi guys! I am from India, and new to the forum. My problem must have been already discussed, but it is slightly different. ONLY my calendar entries are duplicated! after each sync with outlook 2010, I see an additional entry of the same item. In my android phone, (samung galaxy 7 inch tab) I have atleast 5 or six of the same calendar entries. I have tried several tricks. I have tried to purge and reload, I deleted the Clusb folder, synced again, I have switched off the synching with google account, I even tried a factory reset! Can anyone help? By the way, in my 'clusb' folder, I see several back up files. Is that common?

Thomas
11-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi guys! I am from India, and new to the forum. My problem must have been already discussed, but it is slightly different. ONLY my calendar entries are duplicated! after each sync with outlook 2010, I see an additional entry of the same item. In my android phone, (samung galaxy 7 inch tab) I have atleast 5 or six of the same calendar entries. I have tried several tricks. I have tried to purge and reload, I deleted the Clusb folder, synced again, I have switched off the synching with google account, I even tried a factory reset! Can anyone help? By the way, in my 'clusb' folder, I see several back up files. Is that common?

Hello Ashokgrinde,

I have a couple of questions.
Do the duplicate calendar events show up in DejaOffice, or in the Native Android Calendar app, or both. "On the phone" can mean a lot of different places.

Please make sure you have turned off Google Sync in your Android Settings - This is absolutely pertinent for the process to work correctly.
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/How_to_turn_off_Google_Sync_on_an_Android_device

If these duplicates are in DejaOffice It may be du to your CompanionLink Settings. Try turning off syncing Outlook Calendar Sub folders to the phone.
1. Open CompanionLink Setup on You PC Desktop.
2. Click Advanced Settings.
3. Select the Outlook Folders Tab.
4. Is the Include Sub Folders check box selected? If yes then you are possibly syncing multiple Outlook folders to DejaOffice.
5. Un-select the Include Sub Folders Check Box and Click OK.

Try to Purge and Relaod the Calendar after this.

ashokgrinde
11-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Thank you for taking care of my problem Thomas!
It was initially showing in the native android calendar app also. So, I have completely emptied the native android calendar data base, and switched off syncing with native android calendar app. Now my native android calendar shows no entries. By my own logic, I have already switched off Google sync also. The only thing I have not done is the last thing, switching off the subfolders thing. What exactly do you mean by sub folders, and why should I switch it off? I had kept it on, thinking that some data would not be synced if I switch it off. Also, I had asked:is it normal that the CLUSB folder in my phone creates multiple data back up folders?

Anyway, let me try this and let you know.
It would be nice if you can provide these:
1. Duplicate entries remover,
2. A way to send the data stack to you

ashokgrinde
12-18-2011, 05:01 AM
Thomas, it is perfectly clear now. After many experiments, many complete deletion of data folders, several experimental sync with outlook, I realise that what you said about multiple folders. If this option is selected, entries are duplicated. Thank you for all your support. But I still do not understand why there should be such an option of it creates duplicate entries!

Thomas
12-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Thomas, it is perfectly clear now. After many experiments, many complete deletion of data folders, several experimental sync with outlook, I realise that what you said about multiple folders. If this option is selected, entries are duplicated. Thank you for all your support. But I still do not understand why there should be such an option of it creates duplicate entries!

Ashkogrinde,

Some Outlook users have different data in their folders...
So a user may have a business contacts folder and a personal contacts folder.
Depending on how they manage their folders, they may need to sync with multiple folder. By default CompanionLink does not select this option when it is originally installed to prevent duplicates form occurring.
So this problem can only occur if the user goes in and turns on the feature. We have to offer this in order to be able to allow some users to sync all of their critical data to the phone.

I hope this explanation helps.