PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Alarms Not Going Off

jbhall56
11-21-2011, 07:21 AM
I'm new to the Android platform, but not new to smartphones (Palm Phone, Treo and Windows Mobile).

I didn't want my corporate email on my phone (Verizon Motorola Droid 3) and wanted a solution like I had in the past with my previous smartphones where I sync via USB cable. Hence why I picked DejaOffice and CompanionLink. Both are current and I am current on my Android version through Verizon.

I have noticed that I sometimes get calendar alerts and sometimes do not get alerts. If I sync my phone to Outlook, I definitely get all sorts of alerts as the sync progresses.

I have seen the earlier thread about running DejaOffice after every phone reset and I believe that I have done that, but I still do not receive alerts all of the time, if I even receive the alerts at all.

While I do sync my contacts with Android, I do not sync calendar entries as I do not want that information shared with Google. Is that where I'm going wrong? After syncing with Outlook, DejaOffice seems to take quite a while to sync with Android so I'm assuming the alerts are being posted to Android.

Thanks for the assistance.

Thomas
11-21-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm new to the Android platform, but not new to smartphones (Palm Phone, Treo and Windows Mobile).

I didn't want my corporate email on my phone (Verizon Motorola Droid 3) and wanted a solution like I had in the past with my previous smartphones where I sync via USB cable. Hence why I picked DejaOffice and CompanionLink. Both are current and I am current on my Android version through Verizon.

I have noticed that I sometimes get calendar alerts and sometimes do not get alerts. If I sync my phone to Outlook, I definitely get all sorts of alerts as the sync progresses.

I have seen the earlier thread about running DejaOffice after every phone reset and I believe that I have done that, but I still do not receive alerts all of the time, if I even receive the alerts at all.

While I do sync my contacts with Android, I do not sync calendar entries as I do not want that information shared with Google. Is that where I'm going wrong? After syncing with Outlook, DejaOffice seems to take quite a while to sync with Android so I'm assuming the alerts are being posted to Android.

Thanks for the assistance.

Hello jbhall56,

Thank you for posting. It is very likely you are using DejaOffice 1.12.3. Pleas confirm this.

DejaOffice 1.12.4beta shows the following fix in the release notes:
-fixed an issue where old DejaOffice alarms may ring after syncing or after mounting the SD card

This build is available on the DejaOffice website, however it is still in beta so your mileage may vary. The next General Release of DejaOffice will include a fix for this though.

jbhall56
11-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Yes, I was running 1.12.3. Just got pushed the 1.12.4 update so I'll see if it fixes things.

Thanks.

Hook
11-22-2011, 05:07 AM
Actually, 1.12.5 (release version) is now in the Market.

Thomas
11-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Actually, 1.12.5 (release version) is now in the Market.

Hook is right...

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/
DejaOffice v1.12.5 (11/21/11)
-fixed an issue where native Android contacts sync may stall