PDA

View Full Version : Droidx - Android Contacts Not Synching With DejaContacts on Phone

DMathews
11-23-2011, 11:21 PM
I've read quite a number of posts, but have been unable to find a solution to my problem. Sorry if this has already been made clear somewhere on this forum.

I have a contact that was entered on my phone (Droidx) in the Android Contacts. I have done a number of synchs from my phone to Outlook on PC and virutally everything seems to be synching (contacts & calendar). However that one Andoid contact (I don't know if there are others as well) doesn't get synched into DejaContacts, and therefore doesn't get syched with Outlook either.

Btw, on my phone all accounts have been selected for display. I have had DejaOffice "Read Android Data" on my phone. The contact still doesn't show in DejaContacts. Is there something obvious, or not so obvious, that could be causing this problem. Thanks for any help! :confused:

Mobile Device and OS - Droidx Android 2.3.3 v. 4.5.605
DejaOffice version 1.9.8
CompanionLink build 4.0 Build 4028
Data Manager App - Outlook
Sync Method - usb

DMathews
11-24-2011, 03:04 AM
I figured out the problem. I was adding newer contacts to my Droidx by assigning them/storing them to "Backup Assistant", rather than to one of the gmail accounts. I was doing so because I was under the impression the phone wouldn't synch those contacts with the Google Server which I want to avoid using. Well, the "backup assistant" contacts would not synch with DejaOffice. I've set the default storage to one of my gmail accounts so the problem is solved. - Perhaps this will help someone else in the future.