PDA

View Full Version : How to Sync Outlook FROM Android

dane
11-25-2011, 09:26 AM
I have been using DejaOffice and CompanionLink now for almost a month and I am happy with it. But it is frustrating when I add a new entry directly to my Android (whether in Memo, Calendar, or Contacts) it does not sync and write that new entry into my Outlook.

Going from Outlook to Android is great but the system also needs to have an option to update with the latest entries in either Outlook or DejaOffice - just as iTunes does within their system - it really is a must.
Now, if the system does this and I am missing how to do it, please someone let me know. If the system does not do this then, please Deja support, look into adding this feature.

Thomas
11-25-2011, 09:37 AM
I have been using DejaOffice and CompanionLink now for almost a month and I am happy with it. But it is frustrating when I add a new entry directly to my Android (whether in Memo, Calendar, or Contacts) it does not sync and write that new entry into my Outlook.

Going from Outlook to Android is great but the system also needs to have an option to update with the latest entries in either Outlook or DejaOffice - just as iTunes does within their system - it really is a must.
Now, if the system does this and I am missing how to do it, please someone let me know. If the system does not do this then, please Deja support, look into adding this feature.

Hello Dane,

Thank you for posting.
You should be able to easily set the sync settings in CompanionLink Setup. Follow these steps:
CompanionLink 5.0 steps:
1. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC Desktop.
2. Click the Settings (gear) icon next to the Outlook Sync Destination.
3.In the Applications tab, check the Drop down box settings for each individual application.
If Sync both ways is already set report back here and we can do some more troubleshooting.

CompanionLink 4.0 Steps:
1. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC Desktop.
2. Click the Outlook Settings icon.
3. Select the Applications Tab.
4. Verify the Sync both ways option is selected for the individual apps.

Also, make sure you are using the most recent version of CompanionLink and DejaOffice.
http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html
CL 5.0 - 5004
CL 4.0 - 4050

DejaOffice = 1.12.5
http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/

I hope this helps

dane
11-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Thank you Thomas - I just knew it had to work and that I was just missing a tiny detail. I had Outlook to Android in the drop downs. Now changed to Sync Both Ways. I also kept the Handling Conflicts as "Latest changes are kept."
By the way I am running CL 5.0, Build 5004 and DO 1.12.5.
I must say though, that it takes a very long time for CL to read all of the Outlook Contacts, Calendar data and Notes - I have 527 Contacts, 352 Calendar entries, 84 Notes. It took 22 minutes to complete (the system reads the Android real fast, it's the PC that seems to bog down). My PC is a Dell running Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit with an i5 Intel at 2.3 GHz as well as 4 GB memory
Maybe this could be sped up some day?

Thank you for your help and keep up the great work.

dane
11-25-2011, 10:21 AM
I think I am loosing it today - I just replied to your post but it seems to have dissapeared - so I will retype everything I just did a few moments ago. Forgive me if I am duplicating.

First thank you Thomas for your reply.
I did not have my settings correct, so I did change the drop downs to "Sync Both Ways". I am running CL 5.0, Build 5004 and DO 1.12.5. My PC is a Dell 64 Bit Windows 7 Professional with an i5 Intel at 2.30 GHz and 4 GB memory.
It sure took a long time (22 minutes) to complete. The reading of the Android is fast but the reading of Outllok is extremely slow - but it did work. I have 539 Contacts, 347 Calendar entries, and 84 Notes.
Maybe a project for the next update would be to somehow speed up the Outlook reading process.

Thanks again for your help, keep up the great work.

Thomas
11-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Thank you Thomas - I just knew it had to work and that I was just missing a tiny detail. I had Outlook to Android in the drop downs. Now changed to Sync Both Ways. I also kept the Handling Conflicts as "Latest changes are kept."
By the way I am running CL 5.0, Build 5004 and DO 1.12.5.
I must say though, that it takes a very long time for CL to read all of the Outlook Contacts, Calendar data and Notes - I have 527 Contacts, 352 Calendar entries, 84 Notes. It took 22 minutes to complete (the system reads the Android real fast, it's the PC that seems to bog down). My PC is a Dell running Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit with an i5 Intel at 2.3 GHz as well as 4 GB memory
Maybe this could be sped up some day?

Thank you for your help and keep up the great work.

Dane,
The post was moderated and I just approved it. This happens due to some pretty stringent anti spamming settings we use to keep the forums from turning into an online version Piccadilly Circus.

We are working on increasing performance right now. Thank you for sharing your experience.
What Android Device are you using and what OS version is installed on the phone?

dane
11-25-2011, 10:40 AM
The Android device is HTC Sensation 4G (Bell) running a dual core 1.2 GHz processor and the OS is Android ver. 2.3.4.
Also I use WiFi as my sync method.
Looking forward to your next update.

Best regrads...