PDA

View Full Version : Status Code: 401 (Wi-Fi Sync)

rjbinney
11-30-2011, 10:51 AM
My searching skills must not be up to par, because I can't find anyone else with this issue.

Set up my Android for Wi-Fi sync, matched the IP and Device Name in CL Setup.

Get the following:

Suggestions?

Thomas
11-30-2011, 03:13 PM
My searching skills must not be up to par, because I can't find anyone else with this issue.

Set up my Android for Wi-Fi sync, matched the IP and Device Name in CL Setup.

Get the following:

Suggestions?

Make sure both your PC and Android are connected to the same network.
Double check the device name. That is usually the culprit.
More here:
http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Android_Unable_to_Connect_to_Remote_Device

rjbinney
11-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Same name, same network, can ping.

Get same error message!

Thomas
12-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Same name, same network, can ping.

Get same error message!

HM...

Try this:
Wi-Fi Connection validation:

Turn on your Android device and verify a WiFi connection.
Open DejaOffice and select Settings, Sync Settings. Set the top option to Wi-Fi Sync. Select the second opton "Wi-Fi Settings" to see your IP Address. You can optionally name your device here. Hit "Back" and "Back" to return to the DejaOffice home screen.
In DejaOffice tap the Sync button. Write down the IP Address.
On your PC, open your browser. In the Browser web address, type in the IP Address followed by a colon ":" and the port number 8090. Example: http://192.168.0.69:8090
Press Enter.
If everything is working correctly you should get a message saying:

"DejaOffice Wi-Fi Sync Available".

If you get the message above your CompanionLink will be ready to synchronize to your phone via Wi-Fi. If your Browser shows any other message let me know asap.

rjbinney
12-07-2011, 09:44 AM
The "port check" in the browser didn't do anything.

Changed IPs, went to a different network (same network, room with a different router), and changed the name of the device. Very, very slow, but synced.

HOWEVER... It reinstated several Tasks that I'd deleted from the Desktop, and duplicated dozens of tasks with due dates one day earlier than the original (and still existing) tasks. Also took many (haven't checked to see if it's "all") recurring events and duped them,some on different days. For instance, I now have Veteran's Day every day on November 9th as well as the 11th... My wife's birthday now occurred twice yesterday...

So I'll be sticking with the USB sync! (This is why I backup my Palm data frequently; I backup the calendar data prior to every sync, now I will start backing all data up prior to syncing...)